Saturday, December 28, 2013

Paper Trey Ink Make it Monday Challenge #145-A La Carte Entry #2

Here I am again to show my second entry for Paper Trey Ink's "Make It Monday #145-A La Carte Challenge." For this challenge, I used Nichole Heady's "Repeat and Lift" technique.

Of course I used some more new product that I received before the holidays. To start with, I die cut the word "snow" and the word balloon out of white card stock. Next I pulled out my PTI Snowflake Medley stamp set and stamped random snow flakes in Royal Velvet and Spring Rain ink on a Spring Rain card. 

I then stamped "snow" with the "Wonderful Words Snow" stamp set using the lift and repeat technique onto my white word balloon. Next I stamped the "thanks" and "much" sentiments above and below, as shown. I assembled the card and as a finishing touch, I used Diamond Stickles on the word and on various parts of the snowflakes.


This was a fun technique but I would make a few changes the next time I try it. First, I would probably re-ink the stamp and make the large sentiment below my die cut  a bit bigger so that it would pop more. I used two inks and the lighter ink did not stamp well the second time I stamped it. It looks like a shadow on the bottom of the word rather then color. Second, I would either not use Stickles on my snowflakes OR I would emboss them with glitter embossing powder rather then adding the glitter in little places. I think it might make the card more cohesive. 

Thank you again for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!!

Nora

Supplies:



No comments: