Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Favorite Things Lesson #7: Complimentary Colors and Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday-July

This is my second post of the day so I will be quick. I created a card for my homework for the My Favorite Things Summer School.

I was to use complimentary colors. I chose yellow and purple, because of the feathers. I also did not do much stamping on this card because most of my stamps are line drawings and I was not in the mood to color anything.


I had created the paper for the feathers using Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord Distress Ink ages ago. I die cut the feathers, as well as the purple and yellow card stock.


I then layered everything on the card, the stamped banner and the yellow enamel dots being the last step.

Totally simple and took me less time then my usual designs. Now my homework is DONE!! Yeah!!

I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday-July.


The challenge was to use die cuts. Pretty much everything on my card is die cuts!!

I thank you for taking the time to stop by again today. Have a great night!!

Supplies:

13 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful...love the colors. Sympathy cards are never easy cards to make but this one is amazing and will be appreciated by who ever receives it.

Diane Jaquay said...

Sooo pretty, love those feathers and the colors you used!

Virginia L. said...

You are such a STUDIOUS and TALENTED student, Nora! I love the layering and contrast of colors! Way to rock this challenge!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

I always struggle with sympathy card because I never really know what colors and images are appropriate. I think you did a wonderful job with this! Those feathers are so pretty!

Diane said...

Greetings Nora, your card design and colors are sure beautiful.

Hugs Diane

Kelly Latevola said...

Love the purple and yellow! The blending on your feathers is simply gorgeous!!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous colors and WOW - love the feathers!! This card is just very excellently styled and I love these colors - Purple and Yellow were my wedding colors!!! Hope you are happy and well!! Wish you lived across town instead of across America from me!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your beautiful card is perfect for the challenge Nora!
Thank You~

Inkyfingers said...

Such a beautiful card Nora and I love how you layered up the frames as a perfect background for the feathers. Well done on completing all the tasks!
Hugs
Carol x

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Nora ... a fabulous colour combo and what a wonderful sense of calm and serenity you created with those gorgeous feathers! Anita :)

Virginia L. said...

You are such a dear blog friend, Nora! I would LOVE to stamp with you, too. Wish we live closer...

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layers and I love the coloring on the feathers!

Darnell said...

What a perfectly symmetrical design, Nora! I am pinning it as it is so perfect for showcasing those feather die cuts (which I have)! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell