Monday, February 1, 2016

Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #3-Love You Card

Hi everyone!! Happy Monday!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!

It is a new start to the work week and what better way to relax after a long day but to play with us over at Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Blog. Challenge #3 was posted today and I think this is my favorite one yet!!!


To create my card, I used the first row across-love, add shimmer and hearts. I actually had TONS of ideas rolling around in my head for this one. I decided right off the bat that I was going to use an embossed background. I took out all my Valentine/love embossing folders and created four different backgrounds using white card stock. I also gathered the many scraps I had on my desk to see what I could do with them.


It is a little messy, yes? That is how my room is these days. Either I have time to create or clean. I have been choosing to create and that means my room has been very neglected!! Anyway, here is the card I created:


I die cut the embossed heart panel using My Favorite Things BluePrints #13 and adhered it to my card front. I then cut the piece of American Craft patterned paper scrap to the size I wanted and rounded the edges. I adhered it to the card and then added a piece of white card stock scrap that fit EXACTLY how I wanted it across the top-no trimming at all!!


I die cut the "love" out of gold shimmer paper using a Paper Smooches die. I then stamped the "you" using Mama Elephant's "Happy Everything"  stamp set. I actually had to mask it because it did have a "for" before the "you" and I did not want that. I then used a scrap of the gold to make a mat for the the stamped sentiment.


I adhered the sentiment onto the card front and moved on to embellishing. I added the white heart that was on my desk to the card with foam adhesive and colored it with clear Wink of Stella. I then adhered a few sequins in gold and white. I apologize for the white sequins looking pink but they are iridescent and they were hard to photograph.

I am so with HAPPY how this card came out and have a few other cards already planned out in my head for this challenge. I hope that you come on over and join us at Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!!

Have a fabulous week!!


Supplies:


14 comments:

Hannelie said...

Nora this is one eye-catching-prize-winning-card!
LOVE it!!!

Squirrel said...

Love it Nora! Your clean, white on white designs really press my buttons!
Rosey x

Linda Mc said...

Nora, your card is so pretty - clean, with lots of interest but not "busy".

Unknown said...

This is lovely Nora! I love the white embossed background and the glittery sentiment. Gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve seeing all those embossed panels, Nora! Totally my favorite! Your card is just precious ... hope to play along this week ... something tells me I may be doing a bit of embossing, too!
=]

Jean said...

I love this - working on something very similar at the moment!

Diane said...

Wonderful design Nora, love the embossing and colors.

Hugs Diane

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love how crisp and fresh this feels!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love how crisp and fresh this feels!

Barb Ghig said...

You really should be happy with this card, Nora...it's fabulous! I love the gold die cut sentiment and your sparkly heart is so pretty! I also love how you included the B&W patterned papers into your design! I hope it's ok with you...I would love to CASE this beauty sometime ~ I love it a lot!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, and I meant to add how much I love your embossed panel...this design and combination of elements is a real winner!

Lindsey said...

Nora, this is fabulous!! Like everyone else, I love your embossed background. I also love the gold and sequins...they make this card so fun!

Darnell said...

What fun it is to play with you this week, Nora! Your Valentine is divine! There is so much for the eye to enjoy without it being one bit cluttered! HOW do you do that?!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Dana M said...

What a striking card Nora! Love the white and black with punches of pink and gold.