Thursday, June 23, 2016

AAA Cards #67-Googley Eyes

Happy Thursday everyone. This week has flown by!! I want the summer to go a bit slower as I love having it off!!

Today I want to show you three cards that I created with BoBunny Emoji stamps. These have been sitting in my stash for months because I was not really happy with them when I got them.

These were not very expensive and made from acrylic-something I just need to stay away from. I prefer photopolymer clear stamps. Acrylic never stamps very crisply, even with my MISTI tool. I really liked the expressions on their faces, though, so tried to work around the cons of these stamps.

For each of the emojis, I stamped in black and colored in with Copic markers. I added google eyes in different sizes to make them more festive.


Each of these cards I decided to make really clean and simple. For the first card, I just die cut a square of white card stock and used foam to pop it off the card.


I then just layered the emoji over it, again using foam adhesive. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn set "Into the Woods."


For my second card, I decided to make a get well card. Again, same basic design but I chose a distress faced emoji and used a larger square, as well as a more prominent word bubble. 


Again, I chose a Lawn Fawn sentiment, this time using the set "On the Mend." I also altered the die cut from Lawn Fawn's "A Little Birdie Told Me" set to fit the sentiment in. 


My last card I added a piece of red patterned paper behind the emoji for a POP of color. Instead of using an all white square, I framed the heart paper with a white frame that I die cut and then used foam adhesive to give it some dimension.


It is hard to see but I added red gel pen to the heart eyes rather then google eyes and stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Woodgrain Backdrops" in red

I am entering the first two cards in AAA Cards Game #67-Googley Eyes. Have not entered many challenges of late and thought this would be fun.


I thank you for stopping by today. Have a fabulous night!!



15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hope you're doing great, Nora ... sure looks like it! Fantastic expressions, LOve the googly eyes, and that red heart paper - ooo la la! xx
=]

Taunya Butler said...

Hope things are good for you - feel a little better every day, ok?? Sending hugs to you and I must assure you that these are delightful and sweet cards that "EYE" loved and they totally made me smile, I may have even LOLed!! ;)

Jane said...

Fabulous use of googley eyes, love how they give the simple faces such expressive looks. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous CAS designs, Nora! I love how you paired these cute Emoji stamps with your sentiments, and oh, how I love the pop of color with all that beautiful white space!

This week's challenge theme at ATSM is 'CAS', if you're interested in joining us :)
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com/2016/06/challenge-199-cas.html

Susanne Vargas said...

What a sweet set!

Susanne Vargas said...

... of cards, I meant!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so fun!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Nora, what a wonderful collection of cards. I have very similar stamps from another company and really have been thinking about how to use them. These are brilliant. Great use of the google eyes, such great CAS design. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Joyce said...

These are really adorable. I am not much of an emoji user, but you have won my heart with these adorable cards.

Kim S said...

There is most definitely a quality difference in clear stamps! I am glad you persevered because these are charming!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

bwahahaha! These are hilarious and awesome! I LOVE the surprise face one!

Patti said...

This is SO SWEET Nora!! I love each darling little card!

Patti

Anita in France said...

Fun and so cute, Nora ... love those googly eyes! Hugs, Anita :)

Wendy R. said...

clever cards! :)

Marybeth said...

Hi Nora! Oh my these little cards are too cute with the faces and googly eyes! I would be happy to send you some note cards with the scalloped edge if you like. Just let me know, I had a feeling they would sell out.