Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #116 and Getting my Ghoul on with Lawn Fawn's "Happy Harvest" set

One of the things about being laid up is that I have been able to view a lot of videos. One of the videos that I thought was SO COOL was from "Just One More Card" and it was on "How to Zombie-fy Your Stamps." Julia did a video taking an ordinary, cute stamp from My Favorite Things and making it into a stamp fit for Halloween. Her shattered glass background she did BY HAND!! It looks so cool!!

Anyway, she inspired me to look at my stamps and see what I could do. I had the Lawn Fawn set "Happy Harvest" on my desk and I thought it would be fun to Zombie-fy the scarecrow and the crows!

I stamped the scarecrow and the two crows using a bit of masking. I then went on the internet for some zombie images and made some strategic marks on the images with a pencil. I then used a Copic Liner pen to outline where I placed the pencil marks. I then colored the images in with Copic markers and die cut the images out with the matching dies. I added details using a white gel pen and a red Spica marker.


Next I stamped a bunch of corn stalks all over a white piece of paper and masked off a circle using a piece of masking paper. I then blended Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet and Smoked Hickory to create the blue background. I then sprayed some water into my hand and I flicked it onto the background to make "stars." It made the corn stalks look like they were in shadow, which I thought was so cool!!


I then created a bit of a scene with all my images under the moon. I LOVE how this came out and it was the most fun I have had making a card in ages. It took a bit of time to figure out where I wanted to place all my hand drawn pieces into the image but I think it was worth the time.

I am entering this into the Lawnscaping Challenge: Too Cute to Spook at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog.

I want to thank you for stopping by today. Have a great day!!


8 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Amazing how you made a cute stamp into something scary! Love the scene you build around it!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Nora...just love your zombie scare crow, so clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

Nora I can't keep up you are on a roll, must be feeling better! Love this cute card and your colouring!

Unknown said...

Love how you used the idea and made it your own – what a fantastic halloween card! So happy to see I inspired you :)

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome green face

Taunya Butler said...

Well, this is just ZOMBIE-TASTIC!!!! Love how cool and fun you made this card!! You are so cool - and this card is just beyond awesome!!! So glad that you are feeling better enough to craft!! You always create such AMAZING cards!!!

Samantha Mann said...

eek!!! this is AMAZING!!!! looooooooove how you zombie-fied the birds and scarecrow!!! holy cow - so cool!! wow!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how CUTE, Nora! Beautiful Copic coloring and I love how you created your background! Fabulous Halloween card!