Today I am sharing a card I created for Winnie and Walter's First Birthday-"Shaker Challenge with Julie." However, there is a bit of a twist. I have made shaker cards before but even though they are all the RAGE, I do not like them. They are bulky, take too many steps and I often don't wind up sending them. I decided to create a "faux" shaker card instead.
I decided that I wanted the color scheme to be in white and silver. I based the card design on a different Winnie and Walter Birthday challenge-"Sketch Challenge with Joni."
I eliminated the two banners because they didn't work with my card. Here is how I created it:
- I die cut a pinked edge circle out of a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of white card stock. I then misted it with Heidi Swapp "Tinsel" Color Shine.
- While that piece was drying, I die cut a circle out of silver glitter card stock. I then die cut a square piece of vellum and attached that to the back of the silver piece.
- On the front of the vellum, stamped the Winnie and Walter Sentiment in Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I then adhered this piece to the misted front of the card.
- Next, I took the white card base, lightly penciled in a circle and used glossy accents to adhere silver and white sequins around the inside of the circle.
- Using foam tape, I covered the non sequined front of the card base and carefully adhere the front to the card.
- My last steps was to adhere silver and white sequins randomly on the front, as well as add three stars that were die cut out of white glitter paper.
I really like how this came out and it was so fun to do. Can you tell it isn't a "real" shaker card? I also don't have to throw it away because it does not leak!! You could do this with any type of shaker card you wanted. If you wanted to add a bit of glitter, you could use a bit of Stickles randomly around the middle of the card as well.
Once again, I am entering this card into two challenges for the Winnie and Walter Blog. Run on over there and play if you haven't already. There are a TON of challenges to enter, as well as some fabulous inspiration projects. I also decided to enter it into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3. I suggest that you check out her blog if you don't already. She is a HOOT and is a tremendous talent!! My Winnie and Walter sentiment stamps were new, as well as the silver glitter paper.
I thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy your day.
Paper-Paper Trey Ink Stampers Select White and the Vellum, Die Cuts With a View-silver
Dies-My Favorite Things
Stamps-Winnie and Walter "Big Bold You"
Other-Versamark Ink, Ranger Black Embossing powder, white glitter paper, Big Shot, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (silver), Darice (white sequins), Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Tinsel), Scotch foam adhesive