I spent the day in my pajamas today. I have been fighting a cold and the pace I have been going at just was not conducive to getting better. I slept late and spent the day putzing. I did a little cleaning and organizing today in my craft room. I am hoping that it will all be neat and tidy by the end of Christmas vacation. However, that means I have to make myself purge instead of just organize it move it to a different place. I also made a batch of salted caramel sauce for the first time. It came out really good, which was a big surprise. There are a few changes I would make for next time but I did not burn the house down so it was a big success.
Today I am sharing a few Birthday cards I created. The first one I used Altenew's "Persian Motifs" stamps and Silks Acrylic Glaze.
I had never worked with Silk's before but had seen them in the Simon Says Stamp store and wanted to try them out. I bought three different six piece sets off Amazon, hoping they would work like my old Radiant Pearl paints that I cannot find anymore. The jars in the set are smaller then you would get if you bought them separately but since I was not sure if I was going to like this paint, I did not want to invest in larger jars. I was very happy with the results.
To make this card:
- Stamp with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Ranger Fine White embossing powder. (I used watercolor paper but I think a different kind of paper might work better. It sucked up the acrylic ink a bit.)
- Then using a small brush, paint different shades of reds/oranges in the flowers. Then take a baby wipe and blot the flowers. I blotted around the whole piece of paper to get the mottled background effect.
- Do the same as step two but with two colors of green paint.
- Paint a bit of gold onto the leaves.
- Set aside and create a mask for the stamped images.
- Mask the stamped images. Using Prima "Gold Foil" mist spray, mist the background.
- You can either set the card aside here OR you can give it a quick pass with a heat embossing gun. Set aside to work on the card base.
- Next, cut about a 1 1/2" by 5 1/2" piece of foil card stock and adhere it to a card base.
- Mount the dried background with foam adhesive over the front of the card.
I love the way this paint sparkles. With the added gold mist on the background, this card is really beautiful.
I think this image you can see the shimmer from the paint a bit better. I will play around a little bet more with these before I buy more but I think these were a good purchase.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by during this busy time. Have a great Holiday!!