Day 1 was all about different techniques of heat embossing. I chose to attempt to use Julie's "Faux Ceramic Tile" technique, which as you can see below, was an epic fail.
I tried to make this in a tile shape but I wound up messing everything up. First, it die cut all the way through no matter what I did. Then I figured I would just do the technique anyway, I messed up the embossing on FOUR different tiles. As I am attempting to do two cards every time I sit down, I had done the element in a circle as well and this was my last hope of even making a card for this homework. I was NOT going to attempt a 5th tile!!
As you can see from the photo, the circle also die cut through but I faked it. I chose to mount the circle "tile" (yes, I know it really is NOT a tile) onto a pinked circle to make it pop a little. I figured this element would be perfect for a Valentine and the rest of the card was just a matter of layering.
What I learned for Day 1:
- I am a failure at just "embossing" with my dies. I need to practice a bit more when I have more time but I am determined to figure it out.
- I also attempted Jennifer's technique in using multiple embossing powders on a background but I kept smudging the stamped design. I think it was because I was pushing the tape down too hard. Again, when I have more time, I will be playing with this technique.
- Though I usually work well under pressure, I have been super busy trying to fit in so many things I HAVE to do in my day that I just having nothing left for my homework. I am glad I am not taking this class for a grade!!
I thank you for taking the time to browse. Have a great day!!