We are expecting MORE snow today. I, for one, would be happy if I never saw another snow flake for a while. I like snow up to a point. However, we have ice dams and water leaked into our garden window in our kitchen this week. I am waiting for it to happen in more places. This has been a problem for a lot of people I know and it is so annoying.
In a bit of a funk this week. Not sure why because I received a couple of orders of stamping goodies. One from WPlus9, where I bought the new "Bubble Talk" and "Unforgettable" stamp sets with matching dies.
I also received an order from My Favorite Things. Unfortunately for me, half of what I wanted to order over there is out of stock. Don't you hate when that happens? I did get the new "Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Dies" that I wanted, as well as some background stamps. I also ordered some inks and matching card stock. Unfortunately for me I am putting myself on a savings plan next month so no more orders in the near future. I need to use what I already own and be happy with that. It is so hard when all these companies release such fabulous products. It sometimes gets overwhelming.
I also won a random gift code over at Paper Smooches. I was so shocked and excited!! I am going to shop over there later today.
Now for my CASEd Valentine. For the life of me, I cannot find the Pin that I copied it from. My Pinterest card boards have gotten a little out of hand and I need to organize them a bit. Anyway, I just want to note that this is NOT my original design. If you know whose it is, let me know so I can give credit.
The thing that I loved on the original card was the red envelopes falling from the top. I actually was excited because I had the Heidi Swapp stamp set that these belonged to. That never happens to me!
Here is how I created the card:
1. Fold a 11" by 4 1/4" piece of white card stock in half. Stamp envelopes in PTI Pure Poppy ink
2. Ink some kind of stamp that has a signature (I used an old wooden stamp I had by Stampington) in black, stamp off and then stamp onto the card front. Make sure you overlap some of the red envelopes to the left of the card front.
3. Using a post mark stamp, stamp in black on the right of card front.
4. Stamp a sentiment in the bottom right corner
5. Die cut a piece of red card stock and a piece of vellum in a rectangle. Round corners. On the red card stock, stamp sentiment. Adhere to card front as shown.
6. Die cut XOXO and red hearts from card stock. Adhere to vellum piece. Adhere vellum over the red.
This card was SO EASY and fun to make. I love how it came out. However, you can see the adhesive through the vellum. I hate that. I tried to hide it under the card stock letters but for the most part, it didn't work. The vellum would not stick. I need to figure out a better way to adhere vellum. Believe me, I have tried it all!!
I thank you for stopping by. I hope you all have a fabulous day!!