I have to admit out of all the cards I made on Saturday, this card is my favorite. It was actually a "happy accident." I only shaded in the background with the gray because I got black ink on my hand and it smudged. I used the pumice ink to hide it!!
Here is the inspiration from Winnie and Walter's challenge that inspired this card:
Here are the instructions to make this card:
- Stamp the "thank you" sentiment from Winnie and Walter's "Big Bold You" stamp set randomly over the front of a 4" by 5 1/4" die cut piece of white card stock.
- Using an ink blending tool, blend green ink over the front of the card.
- Next, place die cut stars on the front and ink over the with gray ink.
- Mist Heidi Swapp "Sea Foam" Color Shine mist over the front panel. Let the panel dry and adhere to mint card base.
- Adhere die cut gray banner to card front
- Adhere pinked edge embossed circle over banner with foam adhesive
- Adhere die cut butterfly over circle. Die cut a mint green button, tie a piece of gray twine and adhere over the middle of butterfly using foam adhesive.
- Adhere white, silver and star sequins randomly on the front of the card.
I have found that doing these challenges has sparked my creativity-something that I have been lacking as of late. I know Valentine's Day is around the corner but I just don't feel like making Valentine cards this year. I am just not feeling it this year and that is okay.
Again, I am entering into Winnie and Walter's 1st Birthday Bash Challenge-Collage Challenge with Laura and Darnell's NBUS challenge. I never had used the thank you sentiment or the button die before.
I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a wonderful day!!