I decided to do it outside because I knew if I made a mess, I wouldn't ruin anything. I bought the liquid Rit dye because it was easier then mixing up powder. I followed the direction on the container and added some salt to the mix. I used two colors-a yellow and an orange. I also tried to dye transparent and white sequins this time. I figured that one of them had to work!!
I was totally wrong, though. This experiment was an EPIC fail. The sequins failed to take on any color after the first hour. I thought if I left them out longer, they might actually change color. I was wrong. All the dye did was become thicker and dry up. I wound up dumping the sequins out and rinsing them with water so I can use them in their original form.
Sometimes being cheap does not pay. I wound up finding a website-ccartwright.com-that sold sequins for a $1.25 a package. I stocked up!!
While I was shopping, I also ordered from Paper Trey Ink. Last Thursday was like Christmas with two packages in the mail!!
Shhh!! Don't tell my husband!!! Now all I have to do is find time to play with all my stuff!!
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!!