Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Retro Sketch #117

Hello everyone!! Just a quick post to join the retro sketch challenge this week. I created two graduation cards.


The first card I created I used the sketch but omitted one of the pieces of patterned paper and the bow.


I die cut a banner as the focal point and then die cut stars into the banner. I then heat embossed the star die cuts with silver sparkle embossing powder, as well as a stamped flourish.



I used two different Washi tape patterns for the horizontal pieces on the card. I liked how the card came out but thought it might be "too" much sparkle so I created a second card.


For this card, I used a smaller piece of silver paper for the background because that was all I had left. I then die cut stars in the banner but did not used the star die cuts. Instead I just used more sequins.


On the inside of both the cards, I used a scallop die cut on white paper and stamped two different sentiments.

I like how both of these cards came out but do not LOVE them. I think it is the colors. Since I was intending on bringing them to work to sell, I left the colors more generic and I believe that is what is bothering me. I am a lover of color!!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great night!

Nora

Supplies:
TPC Studio stamps (Flourish)



7 comments:

Alanna said...

Ooooh I just love these.

Susan Powell said...

These are great!! I especially love the second one! It's crisp, clean bold and graphic - love it!

Wendy said...

Awesome! cards. I really like them and wish that I could touch and feel those textures that you have going on here.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic graduation card Nora! Love all the shimmery detail!

Taunya Butler said...

Love them both, Mandy!! Your eye for detail on the first card helped it be phenomenal!! Love the stars and the washi tape!! The second card would be perfect for any guy graduating because they are so not fussy!! Love your work and especially enjoy coming to see your newest creations!! Keep it up!!

Taunya Butler said...

I am so sorry for calling you Mandy - You are Nora and I apologize, was looking at the two of your's blogs!! All the comments do pertain to your work!!! Let me know you forgive by leaving me a comment at my blog -
daisiesgirl.com

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful cards - I adore the inside sentiment too!