Saturday, October 4, 2014

Simon Says Stamp! Wednesday Challenge and some Copic Practice

Happy WCMD!! It is rainy here so I have been having fun at my desk doing some challenges for World Card Making day. I will post those later.

For this post, though, I wanted to show you a card that I created for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog. This week the challenge was to create a card with a "transport it" theme. Here is the card I made.


I used the "Enjoy the Ride" stamp set by Paper Trey Ink to stamp and die cut the car. I then practiced my Copic coloring for the class I am taking at Online Card Class site. So far I am learning some fabulous techniques. Some I am afraid to do, though, and have not practiced yet. One is creating backgrounds with Copic markers. I am just understanding blending groups, let alone creating a background with them!! This has been a fabulous class so far and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to learn how to use these markers.

After I colored the car, I layered it over some die cuts that were cut from scraps. I used foam adhesive to give the car a bit of dimension.


I also put a layer of glossy accents on the window, as well as some yellow Stickles on the headlights to give the car a little oomph. My last step was to go over the entire card with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.


The design is rather simple but I love how it came out!! I tried to make the colors more masculine, though my husband does not think males drive beetles.

In other news, I thought I would share my Copic class practice sheet I colored for my white and red shading homework.


I did not use the red technique for my car, which I should have. I LOVE how that flower came out, though, don't you? The flower that I like the most for shading "white" is the fourth one. I did not put the colors I used in there for some reason but it was the lighter of the C's. I also used an extremely light touch. For once I did not go out of the lines!! I think I am finally getting used to the paper I copied the images on. It is different then what I usually use.

Again, I am entering the card above into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.



That is all for now. I will be posting again a little later with some other cards I created for World Card Making Day!! Thank you for stopping by!!



Supplies:
Stamps-Paper Trey Ink
Dies-My Favorite Things (Black Flag and Square), Paper Trey Ink (car and banner)
Ink-Momenta Tuxedo Black
Other-Glossy Accents, Yellow Stickles, Copic Markers


2 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Great, great card!! Love your coloring - you are really blossoming and becoming better!! Love the details on this card - on the car, the sparkly headlights and the pattern paper you used!! You just really did a great job with this card and you should be pleased with yourself!!

Jingle said...

This is adorable! Your car looks great! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!