Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Card Class II-Day 5

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! I didn't do a whole lot but I was able to work on my cards for Day 5 of the card class. I chose alternate color scheme #4 to create my cards. I had to tweak the shades a bit since I don't own a mint green but I included at least four of the colors plus a little white. I also used Kristina Werner's technique in her video. I very rarely ever copy a technique directly but I liked how she made her card so I thought I would give it a try. I had to make two sympathy cards for two different people so I decided to use my homework as a place to create them. The first thing I did was to die cut a bunch of the flowers and leaves out of white card stock. I then stamped my images using Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie stamp set. To create the leaves, I used my Sour Apple Stamp Pad from My Favorite Things. I inked up the leaves and then stamped off some of the ink and then stamped on the die cut. It have the leaves a mottled look.

After I stamped all my images, I went back in with re-inkers to paint some details on my images. I LOVE how it came out but it was very labor intensive. I need to get the coordinating detail stamp for this set to make my life easier!!

This is my first card that I created. I decided to use one a foam adhesive to pop one of the roses up on the yellow flower to give the card a little bit of dimension.

I would have made two gray cards had I had more of the patterned paper. I think this is perfect for a sympathy card!!

 The second card I created was pink and I stamped the sentiment in gray to get the 4 colors in.

 As with the gray card, I used foam adhesive to add dimension. However, I chose to use it on both flowers instead of just one. I think I like this look better.

I did create half of another card using the cut out technique but it came out terrible so I will not be posting it.

Things I learned from Day 5 of the class:

  • Kristina's video made this technique look easy. I, however, found it very labor intensive with all the different steps. I did make it harder on myself by watercoloring the flowers, I know. I LOVE how it came out, though and think if I did this again, I would make a ton and do it in steps.
  • Using glue is not my friend!! Yup, I am glue impaired. I like tape runners or my ATG gun. For some reason, no matter what I use, I always squeeze too much out and it goes everywhere. This project was no different!! I spent time getting glue off my plastic with a glue eraser.
I am off to look at what this Monday's class will bring. Thank you for stopping by to see my projects!!



1 comment:

Julie said...

I love this card Nora, the grey one particularly. The bold water-colouring is superb! Thanks for your comment on my card too.

Just a suggestion in case it helps because I often had trouble with glue too - I usually squeeze a little onto a piece of scrap card and then use a toothpick to apply it - it is nearly impossible to get too much on your card with a toothpick :-)