Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Bokeh Challenge from "A Blog Named Hero"

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

It was a happy one here for the most part. I gave myself permission to do NOTHING today. Really that means no cleaning, doing laundry, working out...nothing tedious. I did experiment making chocolate bread. It turned out yummy but I think it was overcooked just a touch.

I also spent some time in my craft room, which wasn't so happy. I created a really cute shaker card for my nephew's graduation. The last step was to adhere a shaker box that took me a LONG TIME to create. I adhered it upside down and when I tried to pull it off, the whole card fell apart. I had to throw the dang thing out. I was not pleased!!

Anyway, I am here today to enter the challenge #46 from "A Blog Named Hero." The challenge was to make a card or project using a Bokeh effect. I chose to make a card.


The first thing I did was to take a teal card base and stamp with the My Favorite Things Bokeh stamp in Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feather distress ink. Next I die cut the scalloped panel in white and stamped it with an image from the Mama Elephant set "Type It" in Pumice. I adhered it into the middle of the green card.


I then die cut the type writer and paper out of white and stamped them using stamps from the set using a watercoloring technique. I stamped the stamp in the ink and then spritzed it with water before stamping the die cut. I then took a paint brush and put watered down dots of Chipped Sapphire randomly on the front. I did the same for the paper. When each was dry, I adhered it to my card front.


Before adhering the paper, I curled the end and then used foam adhesive to give it a tiny bit of elevation. The last step was to adhere sequins randomly on the front.


I love how it came out and will be making a few more to have on hand for later!!

Again, I am entering this into the following challenge:



Thank you for stopping by tonight. I hope you have a great night!!

Nora
Supplies:


6 comments:

Deepti said...

This is adorable , love the focal image and the bokeh in the BG :)

Darnell said...

This is a really awesome design, Nora! I love the bokeh and the scalloped mat and the cool image of the typewriter and thank you note with the spots on it!! Very striking!

I literally gasped and felt your pain when I read what happened to your shaker card! It'll get easier as you get older when something like that happens. Luckily, even perfectionists get more mellow. Now if it happens to me where I put the front on upside down, I send/give it anyway and just say "Oops!" on the inside! It took me a VERY long time to get to where I can now do that and I hope you get there sooner! LITS!! Hugs, Darnell

Virginia L. said...

Your card is so artsy and lovely, Nora! I love the colors and the use of stamped images! Shaker cards can be a messy thing....Sorry to hear that you had to throw the whole thing away. I hope that you will try again! I am so thankful that you stopped by my blog and left me such kind comments! HUGS!

Taunya Butler said...

Great card - and I really love how you show the step by step process on your card!! I never remember to take pics as I go along!! Good for you!!

Sarah G said...

Chocolate bread ? Sounds yummy! Love the bokeh background and watercolour stamping on your card - thanks for sharing at A a Blog a Named Hero :)

verybellemakes said...

Such a gorgeous colour scheme, curling the paper was a great touch!