Thursday, November 6, 2014

Retro Sketch #139, The Card Concept #22 and Throw Back Thursday

Happy Thursday!! I am so glad that the week is almost over. I need some time to relax.

Today  I am posting a card that I created using this weeks Retro Sketch #139 and The Card Concept #22: "Thank Fall" as my inspiration. I am also calling it a "Throw Back Thursday" card because I used a 2001 Stamping Up! retired stamp set "Season of Thanks" as the focal image. It definitely screams fall to me and is one of my favorites from the old sets that I still have from when I was a demonstrator.


I had fun using Copic Marker's to color in this image. I really had to stretch myself to get all those different browns in there. I was able to practice a bit of Copic coloring too. The sentiment strip from the sketch actually worked out well because it covered up some of the green that went a little bit wild that I couldn't quite fix!!

Here is the sketch and the image I used as my inspiration:




I used distress ink all around the edges of the patterned paper, colored image and card base to give it a more rustic feel. I have to pick a style to fit it into for the Card Concept challenge and I would say it was a "Clean and Layered" style. (Okay, minus the distress ink edges.)


That is all for tonight. I thank you for looking!!

Supplies:
Paper: My Minds Eye, Hero Arts, Basic Grey and Echo Park
Stamps: "Season of Thanks"-Stampin Up! (Retired) and "Talk Bubbles"-Simon Says Stamp!
Dies: Paper Trey Ink
Other: Memento Black Ink, Copic Markers, Jute

8 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely Fall card, Nora! Love your take on the sketch!

Deepti said...

What a perfect fall look, fab coloring too :)

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card & lots of gorgeous detail to have fun with your Copics, love the background too :)

Becca Cruger said...

Fab-o! Love the various patterns mixing and matching here! Great design.

Kim Heggins said...

So so sweet...love all you wonderful details and the colors are just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Kristie Larsen said...

wow! love the detailed stamp. Great colouring! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty fall card. Love that detailed image and the fantastic coloring.

Taunya Butler said...

I am in love with this card - it looks so good!! Even better in person, THANKS!!! You are such a sweet soul and I adore that you made me a card! Thanks so much! Love that you, like me still have some of your older Stampin' Up! sets - I was a demonstrator for 10 years and I acquired quite a bunch of stamps and I have such a hard time parting with any of them! Oh, well!! Love your great coloring on this card and love your sentiment border - perfect for this card!!