Monday, August 31, 2015

Simon Says Stamps "Anything Goes" Wednesday Challenge, Less is More Challenge-Sprays/Mists, a CAS on Sunday Blog Challenge #66-Splash and my last two cards for the Card Set I Created

Happy Monday!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are refreshed to start a new week. Just think, next week is a holiday in the U.S. and it is a three day weekend. I, for one, am excited!

Today I am sharing my last two cards that I created. I know, it is has taken me eons to finish it. I just have a difficult time using the same stamp set to make so many. I get bored easily!!

For my first card, I decided to use purple as the base of my card. I then scored the front every inch. After, I splashed it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Spray, Picket Fence Distress Spray and a touch of gold Color Shine.


I then layered a Lemon Tart and Limeade Square die cut with Papertrey Ink's "Limitless Layer Square" dies. I then added a white square over it that I had used my quilt pieces on.


To finish the card, I used foam adhesive to adhere the colander of cherries to the top. Simple, simple, simple!!


  • I am entering this card into Simon Says Stamps "Anything Goes" Wednesday Challenge.




My last card in the set was just a simple design using Papertrey Ink's "Quilted: Summer" stamps and ink. 


I just die cut the quilt and use Lemon Tart, Limeade Ice, and Melon Berry Ink, as well as Blossomsberry for the purple to stamp the quilt blocks. I adhered the little "quilt" to the front of the card and stamped the sentiment in Smokey Shadow.


To finish the card off, I die cut, stamped and adhered some flowers from the same set to the top left corner of the quilt. I nestled a few sequins around the flowers for a soft shine.

I want to thank you all for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!


Supplies:
(Cherry Card)



(Quilt Card)


10 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Yay! You've got them done! And they're beautiful!! LOVE that purple one especially, and I don't work with that color overmuch. These last two are just super. Well done you!! Bev

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

I am so excited about Labor Day weekend too! I'll have 3 day off with a half day of work this Friday and my husband and I are doing a little mini road trip down south to visit a few friends whom we haven't seen in a long time! So excited! :)

I love, love, love your first card! I think it's because of the ink splatters and those fun frames! It's just too sweet and pretty! And, I also LOVE cherries! :D Even though the first card is my favorite, I still think your second card makes a lovely card. I love the fun patterned play and the bright colors!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Nora!!! I LOve the colors you've chosen - and the papers you've used for the quilt pieces on both cards! AND, by golly, if those aren't cherries!! Finally!!! Very cute little cherries, too...
=] Michele

alexandra s.m. said...

Two beautiful and colorful cards Nora!
Thank You~

Diane said...

Great colors and designs Nora.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

These two cards are both so fresh and cute! Beautiful photos, too. I'm struggling with that lately.

Kelly Latevola said...

These are beautiful! You're making me want to try colored card bases!! I love that Melon color, stunning!

Taunya Butler said...

Your first card has so much DYNAMITE-ness to it!! Loving the layers and the splattered background!! The colors are amazing and you have achieved perfection on that card!! The scoring is such a cool touch!! Your second card - that incredible quilt in those AWESOME colors is just SO WELL DONE!!! I am constantly amazed by you and think you are such a MARVEL!!! Awesome and I wish you a totally terrific day - enjoy this three day weekend!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two gorgeous cards, Nora! I love how you framed out the bowl of cherries and your splatters are fabulous on your first card! Your 2nd card is also beautiful...I love how you placed the bloom and how you paired those gorgeous colors and patterns! Stunning work!

Peanut said...

WOWZSER! These are stunners, Nora. Love both the card. The splatter bg on the first is fab and I love how you've layered the dies cuts. The second card is pretty and zesty. LOVE that colour combo. Hard not to be happy seeing that card. Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. I am now following you... you've got some great ideas Im aching to steal! LOL. You have been warned, Nora. :)
hugs, Asha