Friday, January 1, 2016

Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #1

Happy New Year!! The first Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge goes live today. Yippee!!

I actually created TWO projects for this challenge, using the middle column from top to bottom.


I chose to use sparkles, embossing and new on my cards.

For my first card, I chose to emboss the Soft Stone card stock with a new embossing folder from Kaisercraft and added sparkle to the card with some glitter tape and silver hearts.


The gray card stock was cut to 4" by 5 1/2" and popped up over the card base with foam adhesive.


I then adhered stamped "envelopes" from Simon Says Stamp!'s "Happy Thoughts" set over the embossed paper. These "envelopes" were stamped onto patterned paper scraps and fussy cut by hand. I actually have to admit that I sat down one night to do the stamping and then another night to do the cutting so that I could have these images on hand to eventually make a card set.


The sentiment is from Hero Art's "Act of Kindness" set (also new) and stamped in PTI Smokey Shadow ink onto a piece of white, scrap card stock. I popped it off the envelope cluster using a piece of foam adhesive. My last step was to randomly adhere the little hearts using Ranger Multi-Matte adhesive.

I was so excited with how easy this card was to put together using the Tic-Tac-Toe board that I decided to create another card with a similar design.


For this card, I embossed a white background using a heart embossing folder, which I adhered to a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card base.


I then adhered the "envelopes" that I had stamped on scraps in the same general area. However, I decided to tuck the sentiment into one of the envelopes. I love how it looks!!


The last step was to adhere a variety of shiny, different shaped sequins randomly around the envelopes.

For someone who takes a long time to make a card, I created two cards in no time using the challenge card. I know that I will be making at least one more card using a different row because I had so much fun!!

I thank you for stopping by!! Have a wonderful day!!


Supplies:


10 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Happy New Year Nora. You've made two very happy and bright cards. Love them both! Sure hope I can think of something to make for this brand new challenge. Would love to play along! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Nora...Happy New Year! Your cards are simply fabulous, just love all your wonderful details, so festive and sweet.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve these little Valentine's, Nora ... your stamping on patterned paper is such a fun way to use some of those papers we all seem to collect! Let's see... will I choose the same row? hmmmm...
=]

Unknown said...

Both such sweet cards! Adore the valentine's colors with the embossed background, so very pretty! Happy new year Nora!

Stephanie said...

Super awesome cards, Nora! I love how you found inspiration from the challenge board. I love the embossing folders you used; they suit each project so well!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the cute cluster of envelopes and the papers you chose, perfect embossing folder too!

Dana M said...

Fun cards Nora! Wonderfully clean and CAS. I love the patterned paper combination you used - perfect.

Lindsey said...

Nora, these are fabulous!!! A perfect pairing of the embossing folder and those adorable piles of mail. I love that you made a second card, too. Oh, and your interpretation of "new" never even crossed my mind...wished it had. :)

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Nora, Super sweet creations. All of the embossing is so much fun. And those cute envelopes are just darling.

Tracie Pond

Migdalia said...

Fabulous & Fun cards!! Adore the little envelopes and sparkly hearts.
New Follower.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M