Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Some CAS-ual Friday Stamps Inspiration with the new "Be" Stamp Set

Happy Hump day!! One day closer to the weekend. I know it is bad to wish your life away but we have been so busy during the week that I do enjoy the weekends.

Today I have a card that I created with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps new "Be" stamp set, "Linked" Fri-dies and some ink smooshing.


I started off by using Distress ink in "Twisted Citron," "Cracked Pistachio," and "Peeled Paint" to do a little ink smooshing on a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of white card stock. I did each color separately, letting each layer of ink dry naturally before application of the next color. I think you get a better effect when you do this.


While the last layer of ink was drying, I used CAS-ual Fridays "Linked" Fri-dies to die cut three borders out of card stock scraps that were similar to the ink colors. I adhered the borders to the front of the dried card front, snipping of the pieces that were hanging off the edge.


Next I stamped the sentiment from the CAS-ua Fridays "Be" stamp set (one of my new favorite sentiment stamp sets!!) in "Granite" ink, just below the die cut borders. I adhered the decorated panel to a coordinating green, top folding, A2 sized card base.


What would a card be without a little sparkle? My last step was to adhere clear sequins in different sizes onto the card front. I used a bit of "Diamond" Stickles in the middle of each for some additional shine.

I adore how this card came out and like that this particular sentiment is center stage. Who doesn't want to be badass every day?

If you want the stamps or dies you see on my card, be sure to use my code nora2016 to get 15% off your shopping spree at the CAS-ual Friday Stamps Store.


I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have an absolutely FABULOUS Day!!

Supplies:
Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Be
Dies-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Linked" Fri-dies
Ink-Hero Arts "Granite," Ranger Distress ink in "Twisted Citron," "Cracked Pistachio," and "Peeled Paint"
Other-Sizzix Big Shot, Recollections White Card stock, Bazzill "Green Tea," Stampin Up! "Gable Green" (retired), Ranger Multi Matte Adhesive, "Diamond" Stickles

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty background Nora, this is wonderful!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card....totally love that sentiment.

Darnell said...

Hear! Hear! Fantastic card, Nora, and awesome sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Inkyfingers said...

Fabulous smooshing Nora and I love that fun sentiment!

Happy Dance said...

Very cool, Nora! I love the layers of Distress Inks that you've used here. Those greens are amazing. The "links" really give a nice definition between your inks and your sentiments, too. And that sentiment is so perfect for someone recovering or even for a struggling student! Great card. Just love it. Bev

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card and love the background ! Hope you e joyed your weekend ! May you have a long Sunday:)

Joyce said...

Love this card--fabulous sentiment and gorgeous ink smooshing.

Hannelie said...

LOVE the colors!