Monday, September 3, 2018

Time to Party with CAS(E) This Sketch #287 and Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes"

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope all you Americans are enjoying your day off. I can smell the short ribs right now that my husband is smoking on the deck.

I have been working on cleaning up my room today and getting some projects done. I used the scraps on my desk to make the card below for CAS(E) this Sketch #287.


Here is the sketch that inspired my card:


I stamped the border using Mama Elephant's "Swinging Borders" set on a diagonal. I colored in the banner using yellow, green and purple Copic markers.


Instead of using a rectangle piece of paper, I decided to just use the hippo image and balloons from My Favorite Things "Happy Hippos" stamp set.


I added clear sparkle marker over the banner and used Glossy Accents over the balloon.


I am also entering this into the Seize The Birthday "Anything Goes" challenge.

While doing all of this, I have been watching some interesting movies on human trafficking. It DOES NOT only go on in other countries but right here in the USA-Dallas, Houston, New Orleans are just a few of the BIG cities. Amazon Prime has a fictitious movie that I viewed and then I watched the documentary "Stopping Traffic." It is truly disturbing but we need to stop this!!!

Anyway, I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a fabulous night!!




10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, the scraps on my desk never combine together this well! Such a cute and colourful card. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! Love the banner and that cute little hippo!

Darnell said...

Woohoo, Nora! I want to party with this guy! He's all set and looks great with those festive banners and glossy balloons!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

That's one happy hippo! He's so cute, especially with his banners and balloons! I love the way you used that sketch! Yes, it's got to stop!

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. I really love that hippo (bought him and he has not seen ink yet) and your sweet little banner.

Claire said...

One of my favourite sets Nora - fab colouring and a great take on the sketch. I love his rosy cheeks!

Nicole Vögeli said...

Hi Nora, what a wonderful happy card! love your take on the sketch!
I wanted so say THANK YOU for all the comments you leave on my blog! I'm a busy mom and I sadly can't always reply and thank everyone but you're such a sweetheart, leaving all these kind words!
Crafty greetings, Nicole

Inkyfingers said...

Your partying hippo is adorable Nora and I love the clean, cheerful design and bright colours.
Hugs
Carol x

Hannelie said...

So sweet and so beautifully colored!