Sunday, December 9, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #366, Color Throwdown #522, Mojo Monday #506 and Paper Players #422

Happy Sunday everyone!! I am sure you are all busy getting things done for the upcoming holiday season as I am. I finished decorating yesterday and need to wrap today for my daughter. It is so much easier to shop for her when she is not around!!

Today am popping in to show you two cards I created for some challenges. Yes, I am still making Christmas cards-and have yet to send ANY out. That is on my list for this week.

My first card is for Freshly Made Sketches #366. I knew what I wanted to do with the background the minute I saw it.


I originally wanted to do the stitching in ribbon but did not have the color I needed. I chose to use the gray twine so I could join in the Color Throwdown #522 Challenge. Rarely do I do more then one challenge at a time!!


In place of the tree, I added some holly from a PTI stamp set. I also added a sentiment strip because my card needed a little more. The sentiment is from MFT's "Snow Globe Sentiment" set. I am hoping that I am not breaking the rules by adding the strip.


Again, the colors were inspired by the swatch from the Color Throwdown.


I like how this turned out and am saving the sketch to do some non Christmas card with.

For my next card, I was inspired by the Paper Players Color Challenge #422 and Mojo Mondays sketch #506.


Instead of making a square card like the Mojo Monday sketch, I decided to shrink it down and use it as the decorative panel on my card. I LOVE the look of square cards but rarely send them.


I added yellow as my color of choice. The flowers and stems are from Altenew. I know the flowers are not poinsettias but they kind of reminded me of them so I decided to use them as such.


The sentiment is from Mama Elephant "Jingle Greetings" stamp set.


That is all for me today. Now I am off to wrap and then make some Whoopie Pies for a co-worker's birthday. The work never ends, does it?

Have a FABULOUS afternoon!!


12 comments:

Jen Timko said...

These are both wonderful! Love your take on our FMS sketch...super clever! So glad to see you this week at FMS and thanks for entering our DT call!

Jaydee said...

Nora, what beautiful cards. I love them both. The texture on the first one is stunning. For the second card, I love the background DSP. The flowers are beautiful against the green of the background DSP and, of course, all that wonderful white space makes my CAS loving heart so happy.
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun idea to use twine as your background, this is terrific Nora! Love the card you made for the PP too. You can never go wrong with polka dots!

Kelly S said...

I love your sweet (and perfectly aligned!) Maker's twine frame! It's unique and festive, and looks perfect with the bold, festive holly image!

Kelly S said...

I love your sweet (and perfectly aligned!) Maker's twine frame! It's unique and festive, and looks perfect with the bold, festive holly image!

Linda Callahan said...

Your CAS designs are lovely!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Nora, these are gorgeous!!! I love the string design on the first card - I have to give that a try sometime! And the polka dot on your second card makes me so happy :) Best of luck with the rest of Christmas prep! hugs!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love the how you've used baker's twice to create the background! I also love the sparkle on the holly berries! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the unique look of the first but both great cards.
x Karen

Anonymous said...

What a fun touch to add the twine. I never would have thought of that so thank you for sharing the inspiration!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so fabulous! Love that stitched background! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two great cards Nora - both featuring fabulously festive foliage and flowers! Thank you for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!