Monday, October 7, 2019

More World Cardmaking Day Cards!

Happy Monday!! I am here with some more cards I created on World Cardmaking Day. I so wanted to create more than I was able to. I am such a slow card maker!!

For my first card, I used CASE this Sketch #342 as my inspiration.


This was a hard sketch for me for some reason. That huge circle/strip element threw me for a loop!!


I think I successfully solved it by using the leaves and the flower.


The leaves are from a Paper Smooches die, the flowers are MFT and the border is Pink Fresh Studios.


The sentiment is also from MFT but not totally sure. It was a scrap on my desk!!! The striped paper is from my scrap pile. LOVE how this card came out and it is so much prettier IRL.

My next two cards I did were using an ink blending technique and my Stamptember Hero Arts stamp set that I HAD TO HAVE.


Let me tell you the white flowers were a total accident. They were supposed to be black BUT I picked up white embossing powder rather than the clear I thought I did.


Don't care, though, because I LOVE how this card came out!! Used four different blue Distress Inks on this and paired them with a hello die cut from MFT and a Taylored Expressions sentiment.


I think I am in love with solid stamps again and will be using the ones I have in my stash!!!

My second card the silhouette was done in black, like the first one SHOULD have been.


I originally was going to use this for a color challenge card BUT the fourth color that I was supposed to use I just could not do. Instead, I swapped it out for the orange at the bottom. The purples were not Distress Inks and so did not get water spots like I wanted them to.


I had to do a little acrylic splattering on the card front using watered down white paint and a toothbrush to get the messy look I wanted.


The thing that enchanted me about these cards are how quick they came together. I think I am going to stamp a bunch of backgrounds at once and then do some fun blending. I see this as a future card set.


I stacked the WPlus9 hugs sentiment-the bottom being cut from a black piece of card stock-then layering a doubled orange over it, off setting it enough so it looks like a "shadow." I then covered it in Nuvo Sparkle Pen and Glossy Accents.

Well peeps, that is it for me today. I have one more card I created BUT have not photographed it yet. Was just too lazy today to do so. Will blog it later on this week.

I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS Monday!!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful cards Nora! I love your take on this week's CTS!

Monika Reeck said...

The CTS card so elegant Nora
love the white on white there and the stripes
great idea to change the sketch with that leaves…
elegant and adorable
anddd the last 2 cards I was really sure it is Hero Arts cause I have the same one :) LOL you really made it so beautiful in white and in black too
love them both
send me one pleaseeee..
I adore the font of the sentiment from Taylored Expressions…
hugs hugs
Monika