Saturday, February 29, 2020

Guest Designer for 12 Kits of Occasion February

Happy Saturday everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It has been a long week and I am so happy to have some time to myself.

Today I am posting some cards that I made for the 12 Kits of Occasion Challenge for February. Jeanne Jachna from A Kept Life asked me if I wanted to play this month and there was no way I was going to say no to that!!! The theme of the kit was "crafting" with fun papers and images of paint brushes, animals crafting. I was only able to make three cards but I have enough goodies to make plenty more. My mojo has just been so off that I have just been slow at creating anything.


My first card I took the image that was stamped on watercolor paper and used some Tombow markers to color a portion and then used a watercolor brush to "paint" the color in.


I kind of had it in my mind for it to be a "modern painting" look. I then added the paint palate onto the card front and added swatches of "paint" to the palate covered in glossy accents. The colors are bright but it was so fun to make.


For my second card, I used hearts cut from a piece of pattern paper in the kit as the inspiration for my card. I actually die cut them out with different sized dies rather then fussy cutting as I wanted a range of sizes.


I then added the frame that was in the kit that I had blended brown ink on. I added this over the sentiment.


As I was making this before Valentine's Day, I added a sentiment of my own at the bottom to make it a Valentine.


For my third card, I used the pattern paper as my card inspiration. The polka dots in the rich colors just made me happy!


I added the tag, from the kit, and the fun little zebra that I colored in with Copic markers.


I had so much fun with this kit and plan to make more cards when my mojo returns. I am so happy that Jeanne asked me to be a guest designer this month and would love to have the opportunity to do it again sometime!!

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog today. 

Have a FABULOUS day!!


15 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Super cute! We had a similar mind with that squiggle piece!

Cindy Beach said...

Great cards, Nora, so glad to see you here! All your designs are so pretty. I have to say I love the Valentine best. Well done!

Jeanne J. said...

Whooo Hooo! Nora's in the house! I am so glad you played along Nora! Your cards are wonderful! I love your shiny paints and the way your paint brush tip looks REAL on the abstract art background.. and the cute little zebra on the polka dot print because he's adorable.. but my favorite here is the rainbow of color, wood frame, and scatter of hearts with the stamper on the middle one! What a treat for me! THANK YOU!

Tracey McNeely said...

All of your cards are so fun Nora! Bright and vibrant and so cute. I was excited to see that you were joining us this month!

Kim Heggins said...

Nora...welcome to the group! So in love with your sweet creations. That little zebra is as cute as it gets and I love him with those festive polka dots! But I really do love them all!

Sue D said...

I like your crafty cards.

Birgit said...

Hi Nora, these are all super cute! Your abstract painting card is fabulous and I love the second card with the rainbow hearts. The striped zebra on the bold polka dotted paper is is fun and makes my heart smile. So glad you joined us this month!

Inkyfingers said...

What a bright and cheery collection of cards, Nora and I particularly like the last one. For some reason, that image really tickles me!
Hope you are having a good weekend!
Hugs
Carol x

Marcia Hill said...

Three great cards Nora! Loved them all but your rainbow hearts and zebra/spots cards were my favorites and had me smiling ear to ear! All fun, bright, and oh so colorful! You did Jeanne's kit proud and so glsd you could join us this month!! 😊

Nancy Penir said...

Well, hello Nora! Welcome to 12 Kits. What a great group of fun cards you made. From the sweet little zebra to that amazing work of modern art and palette., all lovely! Great having you, and so glad joined us! Blessings!

Marybeth said...

Nora, welcome! I love your cards , the zebra card is just darling with the big circles on the patterned paper too cute! Your first card is wonderful too, I didn’t know how to use that one, now I do :)
Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa Elton said...

You've given us a trio of cuteness Nora! Your last one is my favorite with those big polka dots floating behind the fun little zebra!

Diane said...

Greetings Nora, wow what fun designs and love the colors.

Hugs Diane

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... how fun ... love them all.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Nora! These are AMAZING!! The first card, with the painting and painter's palette - wow, wow, wow. I love everything about it! The second card is also incredibly awesome - and that's a lot of love! lol I also adore your last card - the background pp is so fun and that wee zebra is adorable! Love all of these so much :)