Saturday, July 11, 2020

CAS-Fridays and Crafting of Hue Blog Hop

Hi everyone!! Today the CAS-Fridays Design Team is doing a blog hop. We are featuring the
CAS-ual Fridays Stencils. There is also a SALE on stencils!! They will be $5.00 until July 12, 2020!!!

I created a card where I used the Curtis Stencil to dry emboss AND heat emboss for a simple look.


The key to dry embossing with a stencil is the layering "sandwich" you do through your die cut machine. I have an old Sizzix Big Shot so I use a Sizzix Texturz Impressions Pad and Sizzix Texturz Silicone Rubber Mat for my sandwich.


I have an old tabbed adapter plate so I open it to the right tab, place one standard cutting mat down, with the silicone rubber mat on top of that. I usually clean my silicone mat with a lint brush but when I was making this card, I couldn't find where it was in my room!!


Next I place my paper over the rubber mat, with my stencil over the paper.


I then top off the sandwich with impressions pad and run everything through my machine.


When you take your paper out, it looks like this. You see the top where there is a line from the outside of the stencil? This DOES NOT always happen. It depends on the stencil. I worked around this by cutting my embossed paper down to make it disappear. If I had not cut it down, I was going to put a strip of gold cardstock in between the embossing and the edge so you would think it was part of the design!!!


For the next step, I die cut my sentiment from gold cardstock and fun foam using the "happy" from the Happy Hanukkah Fri-dies. I adhered the gold die cut over the foam and set it aside to dry.


While the die cut was drying, I used a gold embossing ink to smear over a white cardstock strip and then heat embossed this with gold embossing powder. I adhered the strip onto an A2, top folding card front, and then glued the red embossed cardstock around this.


I masked and heat embossed the birthday sentiment from the Whole Shebang stamp set on  a white strip of cardstock and adhered it to the card front.


My last step was to I adhere the die cut sentiment to my card front using Ranger Multi Matte Adhesive.

This card was so simple to create and using your stencils to dry emboss just extends the uses of your supplies!!!

Remember, all STENCILS are on sale today until July 12, 2020 for $5.00 with no code needed.



Also, clearance has been marked down to $.99!!! When it is gone, it is gone!!! You can even use my code, NORASENTME to get an extra 15% off your TOTAL ORDER!!


Be sure to click on the links below to see what the other members of the Design Team created!!!  One commenter from all the blogs will be picked to win a $50 CAS-ual Friday Shopping Spree Code! This code will be picked on Tuesday, July 14, 2020.

Nora Noll <<<<<<<You are HERE!!
Special Guest from Crafting of Hue


I thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have a FABULOUS day!!





27 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

Wow! I have never tried EMBOSSING with my stencils! HOW COOL! What a great card!

Eve N said...

OK, so now I have to get this stencil. It seemed so similar to my Jacks dies, but seeing you dry emboss, then heat emboss with it, and getting such elegant results, makes me need it!

Michele Gross said...

Fantastic!!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the step by step on dry embossing the stencil. Your card looks fabulous and the colour combination is wonderful and striking x.

Podpopper’s Place said...

FYI your link from the previous hopper is not working and I had to find you through the sponsor hop link.
I love the simplicity of this card. Beautiful color combo.

Podpopper’s Place said...

Not sure if my previous comment showed up. Not seeing any here. I really love this CAS and the colors you chose are perfect.

Chandhini said...

I have to admit that I am enjoying this hop by seeing different techniques with stencils. Live your card.

Laurie2cats said...

Pretty card! I love the combination of stenciling and embossing from the same stencil.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, what a fun way to stretch your stencils- love your card and thanks for the technique tip!

Arlene said...

I love the embossed panel. Lovely card.

sharon g said...

The gold and red look great together. I have never thought of that color scheme before. I really like the stencil you used, too. Great ideas!

Cindy Holmes said...

Great card! I love how this can go to a male or female! Love the red against the gold lettering too!

Super Stick Chick said...

Fabulous card! Love how you added embossing texture with the stencil!

Kelly Kennedy said...

Love the colours!ma fairly simple card but it manages to look special!

Dee Earnshaw said...

gorgeous card - love the simplicity of it and the fabulous texture you created

Sue D said...

Lovely card and love that you used both dry and heat embossing techniques. Awesome effects!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Very creative Nora. I love this card. Just wonderful. Thanks for the tips and the inspiration!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Nora! I like the elegant tough the gold adds!

Denise Bryant said...

Great color combo on your pretty card! I forget about using stencils for embossing.... have to do that more often! Love the effect with this awesome stencil design!

Karthikha said...

I love dry embossing using stencils!! Such a cool effect and lovely card :)

Helen said...

What a great eye-catching card, Nora! I must use my stencils for dry embossing more! Such a pretty effect! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lagene said...

I love your dry embossed background with the touch of gold heat embossed strip!

Viv said...

Such a great card Nora, love the clever design and colour combo too ;) Viv xx

ionabunny said...

I forget about using stencil to emboss. Fab technique and awesome result. Hugz

Kaylene Matyas said...

Great card, simple but cool. I will have to try again with dry embossing. Last time I tried it didn’t work properly. I think I got my sandwich wrong.

Melanie said...

I love the Curtis stencil and I love that you used it to emboss your background! Pretty card!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a chic, fun and thoroughly creative card. The colours here are me to a tee, and really convey such a great sense of festive cheer.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life