Sunday, May 23, 2021

Happy Retirement and an Adventure

 Happy Sunday!! I hope you are all having a great day. It has been extra hot for a May day today. It is presently overcast and I hope it will rain. We need it so badly!!

Today I am popping in to share a few photos. I created two retirement cards. 

I created these using this weeks Freshly Made Sketches #486 as inspiration. However I flipped it and took a little liberty.



I used the Rolling Clouds Die by Taylored Expressions for the top BUT it blended in too much on my cards because I stenciled over it and then added it to a stenciled background.


On this card, I added a black strip at the bottom where I heat embossed a sentiment from Paper Trey Ink. 


The little scooter from the Enjoy the Ride is from Spellbinders. I added some balloons behind the back of the scooter from My Favorite Things.

I cut these balloons out and added some black jute as the ties.

On my second card, I had to move the sentiment to cover mistake. A glob of glue from my finger got on the cloud die cut. I could not get it off with any of the methods I know of so I had to adhere the sentiment over the top and add a black strip at the bottom to ground the scooter.

I colored in the balloons with light pink Copic's instead of dark pink. 

I am sending these out to some of the members of my union. I am the secretary and in charge of the correspondence.

On another note, I went on a little adventure with a friend yesterday. I rarely have time to do things like this so it was so fun. We went to an open house at an artist community. I did not take photos, though I wish I did. We also went to an antique warehouse. I did take some fun photos there. I love going in to these places to browse. It always reminds me of my childhood.

Did you remember pantyhose coming in this packaging? My mother used to buy these and then would give the eggs to us to play with.


What about colorful Fiestaware? I have newer stuff but I like some of the colors of these. The light green and the fun pink are dishes I would love to have.


These pins remind me of my mother. I always ache when I see pins like this. My mother had a bunch of these and I don't remember where they went. I wish I had them now because I would wear them.


Last but not least, there were a ton of vintage pocket books. Someone must have been selling their collection. They were A LOT of money!!! I just think they are exquisite.

Well, that is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. I hope you have a great week!!!






9 comments:

Kim S said...

That little scooter is SO fun and creative for retirement! I have an office mate's retirement coming up - thank you for the inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

Weeee, this is full of fun, Nora and super cute! Love the photos of your "window shopping". My cousin was given an ENTIRE set of a soft dusty rose Fiesta Ware as a wedding gift. I never knew there were so many pieces to a set!

Hannelie said...

Two brilliantly beautiful cards Nora!
I love the colors, creative take on the sketch and of course that cute scooter :)

Jacquie Southas said...

These scooters are such a fun image for a retirement card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful duo of cards, Nora! I love the cheerful colors and the fun and happy collection of elements. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Nora what fabulous cards! SO fun! I love the L'eggs, I remember those from when I was a kid.

SmilynStef said...

What a fun trip. My Mom and Grandma both worked in offices, so there were lots of Leggs Eggs in our play. Also I've seen wedding bouquets made from broach collections which I loved. I wanted a Vespa Scooter so bad, but my husband reminded me how klutzy I am and the injuries that would likely follow. Adorable cards.

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Nora,
I'm so glad I stopped by to see your fun retirement cards! You did such a great job on the sketch and I really love your color combos :)
Thanks for the trip down memory lane...I remember buying pantyhose in an egg-shaped container and I think I still have some Fiestaware in the cupboard :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

What upbeat, wonderfully pretty retirement cards. Love the charming scooter theme - and all the more so since my DH hails from the homeland of Vespas.

I also adore these snaps from your outing. Vintage/antiques and history are some of my greatest passions in life (for example, I ran a vintage fashion and lifestyle blog for eight years and wore mid-century vintage almost exclusively from my teens to my early 30s), and I always try to break for shops like this, too.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life