Monday, June 28, 2021

Sending Big Hugs and a new DT Gig at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge Blog

Happy Monday everyone!! Today I finally get to share that I have a new DT gig at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog!!! I am an official "Sweetie." I am beyond EXCITED!!! 

The challenge will be a two week challenge and my first card ever for the Design Team is below.

My photo inspiration is from Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #522 badge. Aren't those little chicks cute?

(Source)
 
I know, I know-you are probably thinking how did I get from those little chicks to my card? Well, I did. When I think of birds, I think of spring. When I think of spring, I think of flowers. So I decided to get out my WPLUS9 stamp sets out and create a little scene. If you notice, the little bird on my card is yellow like the ones in that nest!


I used WPlus9's The Little Things stamps and dies, Spring Blessings stamps and dies, and the bird is from the Winter Greenery stamp set.


I made sure to add some brown in my little scene, another ode to the inspiration photo. I also used a shaded oval in the background with the color blue, like a robin's egg. See how I did that?


The sentiment on my card is from The Ton. The little orange flowers on the "ground" were in my "extra" pile of stamped images. I am not sure from where. I am so excited at the way this card came out. 

I hope you come on over to the blog and play along with me and the other Sweeties this week. I cannot wait to see what you create!!!







8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations, Nora I'm so happy for you! Your debut card is so pretty!

Kim S said...

So thrilled that you are a "sweetie"!!

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous Design Nora! So happy to see you at Cupcake Inspirations! You always inspire me and I am a big fan of yours!

Leanne said...

I like flowers and this is so soft pretty, and the birdie is so cute. Great card and I am so happy to be a Sweetie alongside you. Have a great day!

Leanne

Quillish said...

The colours you chose are so pretty and a beautiful arrangement with the little birdie. So good to have you with us. Welcome Dear Nora ❤

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous
xx Karen

Witchcrafted Life said...

So sweet, sunny, and inspiringly pretty.

We had a windstorm here yesterday that caused some trees (not on our property or street, thankfully) to down powerlines, leaving us without power for a few hours. I was concerned as to how the local flowers would hold up in the face of such strong gusts. Thankfully, my morning walk with Annie (our dog) revealed that most in our area held up surprisingly well all things considered. Very happy about that!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

SmilynStef said...

Huge congrats on your new design gig ... lovely card.