Monday, February 6, 2012

Paper Trey Ink Anniversary Day #2!

It is the second day of Paper Trey Ink's Anniversary countdown. Today they gave a sneak peek of what some of the new lines of stamps will be this year. Their fabulous design team made samples with an image from their new set and Nichole posted some freebie print designs for us to all play along.

I chose to use the "Bee Mine" image by Beth Silaika to make a card with. I colored it in with Copic Markers and set aside. I used a piece of PTI Dotty Biscotti patterned paper and layered it over white cardstock. I then die cut with my Silhouette digital cutter a heart border out of PTI Lemon Tart cardstock and used 3 PTI dies (Label Basics, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" circles) to cut out the other elements. I put it all together, with the finishing touch being a pop dotted heart on as the bee's wings.


Oh! I forgot to say that before I put the whole card together I inked every single element. Want to know a secret? I wasn't going to ink it at all but the ink smudged on the print out and I didn't want to have to print it out again. The ink covered it up!! I actually like the look of the inking but I think any paper is naked without it.

Thank you for looking!!

Nora

1 comment:

Pam W. said...

Great job, Nora! And I had to chuckle for your reasoning behind the inking of your card. haha