Monday, February 6, 2012

A Birthday and an Anniversary!

Happy Monday!! I wanted to start the week off right by posting a few things I made last week. I tend to take photos of my projects and then it sits on my camera. However, I pulled them off the camera yesterday to post my Paper Trey Ink's projects so I figured I would post them today.

The first card I created was an anniversary card for a teacher at work. I actually made two cards for him to choose from but only photographed this card. He and his wife were married on Valentine's Day so I wasn't sure if he would like the colors I used on this card or would want to veer away from the traditional red and pink. I should have trusted my gut because he chose this one!! This card was another CASE from someone else's card that I saw on the web. I do not have a link to the original and I apologize.


I used my Silhouette digital cutter to cut out all the hearts and then layered them over each other. I really like how this came out and will be making a similar design for Valentine's Day if I have a chance!! I will also post the inside of the card, though that is very simple.


I did not stamp directly on the inside of this card because I figured if the teacher didn't like it I would just pull the label off and put a Valentine sentiment inside. I am always thinking!!

The next project I created at 4:30 a.m.  Friday morning when I couldn't sleep. Work has had me stressed out as of late and I often wake up really early. I was actually awake at 3:00 a.m. but wouldn't let myself get up until 4:30 a.m. Imagine what I would have gotten done if I had?


I LOVE the colors on this card!! The patterned paper is a scrap of Sassafras Lass paper I had in my scrap drawer. I then used a Paper Trey Ink Mat Stack #3 to stamp and die cut to make the label. Out of all the Mat Stack's, this is my favorite. I keep hoping they will make some additions to the collection because I would buy it!! I then die cut and stamped an image from PTI's Cupcake Collection and layered it over a die cut piece of green cardstock. The bow was tied before I put the label on. I think this is my new favorite card and I just hated to give it away!!

To go with the card, I die cut a bag using my Silhouette digital cutter. I didn't have patterned paper the exact green color that I used above but the one I used was close enough.


I used PTI's Tag Its #10 set to make the little tag in the same colors as the card. I then further tied the two pieces together (and not literally!) with the same ribbon I used on the card.

Charlotte said the little girl loved the bag. It was big enough to fit a gift card and two nail polishes too!!

Thank you for looking. I hope this inspires you to create something yourself this week!!
Nora 

No comments: