Sunday, February 10, 2013

PTI 6th Anniversary Challenge

Another post with a Papertrey Ink challenge!! This challenge was posted at the beginning of the week Nichole Heady's blog and was to create a project that was inspired by one of the design teams favorite projects. I chose to use Dawn McVey as my inspiration this go around...surprise, surprise!!

The bottom left card was the card I chose to use as my inspiration. Here is what I came up with:


I stuck with Dawn's color scheme and layout on the card but made it a Valentine's Day card. I stamped the houndstooth background in Pure Poppy and Raspberry Fizz ink on vintage cream card stock and adhered it to a Raspberry Fizz card base. I die cut the heart border using my Silhouette machine and die cut the butterfly and leaves with my Big Shot using the PTI dies. I then stamped the butterfly using Pretty Peonies set and the leaf using the Turning a New Leaf set. I pop dotted the butterfly to give it some dimension and used some gems around the Valentine sentiment.


Here is a side view of the card:


I will be back later with another entry for today's challenge!!!

Nora

No comments: