Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Card Class, Week 2, Day 1, Card #2

I had a little time last night to try my hand at the first sketch for my summer card class I am taking.



I used Kristina Werner's technique of inking a craft mat and misting water on it to make the banner on this circle card. What a fun technique!! I want to try it on a rectangle card next to make my own patterned paper.




I also had fun stamping a little border with stars around the left edge. I was going to layer different patterned paper on top of each other but I just didn't have the right shades. (and if you saw my stash, you would say that there had to be something that went with it. I was in a hurry and only looked through my plethora of scraps.) I think the stamped border was a fair compromise.






Things I learned from this homework:

  • I still do not love embossing. I have all the supplies and a great heat gun but I don't like that the embossing powder gets all over everything every time I try this technique. 
  • designing for a circle is harder then designing for a rectangle. I do like that I stepped out of my box a bit and for the most part, I like how the card came out.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my project. I am off to check out today's class.

Nora

Supplies:

1 comment:

slang said...

This card is adorable. Great job!