Thursday, July 3, 2014

Freshly Made Sketch #143

Happy Thursday everyone!! It is hot and muggy here. It was just the kind of day to stay in air conditioning to create something fun.

Today I am playing along with the Freshly Made Sketch Blog. I am kind of obsessed with sketch blogs as of late. I can use the products I want and I have a frame to work in. Here is the sketch I worked from:
I chose to make a Halloween card. I am not sure why. Perhaps because I like the fall weather best. I LOVE summer vacation but detest like hot, humid weather. I love the brisk feeling of fall, where a light jacket is needed.


The adorable kitten image is from Simon Says Stamp. It is one of those stamp sets that I bought because I saw an adorable card made from it but then I never used it. I do that all the time. I am actually trying to use what I already have this summer. So far I have been good but there is some fabulous new product that I really want.

First I die cut the white circle and then I stamped the image with black ink. I then used Copic markers to color him in. Then I went searching for just the right papers to layer him on.

I think my favorite part of this whole project was to dig through my pattern paper scraps to find just the right papers. I layered them over each other like the sketch, with the black banner being adhered with foam tape to give it a little dimension.


The enamel dots and Stickles on the cat and pumpkin were the finishing touches on the outside of the card.


While the Stickles dried, I created the inside. I often create an insert when I use black card base.


I die cut a white piece of card stock and then stamped the little kitty in black at the bottom. I wanted to leave room just in case I wanted to write a message.

I really enjoyed making this card and love the way it came out.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a Happy July 4th!!


Nora
Supplies:
Orange Paper-Echo Park


5 comments:

verybellemakes said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Thought I'd stop by and have a peek at yours :)

That is such a cute cat stamp! Love the papers too - the grey really sets off the orange gingham.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

Taunya Butler said...

Nora - this card turned out soo cute!! Love that little cat poking his head up out of the pumpkin!! It is an adorable stamp, I can see why you wanted to purchase it. The patterned papers you added and those enamel dots just complete this card and make it beyond awesome!!

Jen Mitchell said...

What an adorable Halloween card! The little kitty image is so darn cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute! Halloween is my favorite holiday and this is so fun and your beautiful orange gingham paper is just perfect with your adorable little cat.