Friday, April 24, 2015

A Few Birthday Cards using Mama Elephant

I go through stages on what kinds of stamps I like. Right now I am obsessed with the company Mama Elephant. This company makes the CUTEST stamps sets and dies. I have had fun coloring some little guys from the "Just Hatched" and using the mess on my desk to complete two adorable birthday cards.

The first one I created I used an orange color scheme. Did I tell you I am obsessed with orange? I believe I have said that a time or two!! Anyway, the first thing I did was to die cut a piece of Simple Stories "Color Vibe" paper with a My Favorite Things "In and Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle" die and layered it over a white top folding card.



Next I stamped a strip of white card stock with a sentiment from the WPlus9 "Unforgettable" stamp set, layered it over a strip of orange card stock and adhered it to the card front. I then arranged and adhered the little animals over the front.


The little chick and the blue bird I used foam adhesive to pop them up a bit. I added tickles to the top of the chick's party hat and some green dots to the dinosaur. My last step was to adhere sequins randomly around the focal point. I also used a Wink of Stella on the balloon and the blue bird to give them a little zing.

I liked this card so much that I created another one utilizing the same animals but I colored them in different colors. I often do this because I often color things in big batches. I get bored using the same colors all the time!!


I used a little less bling on this one too. No Stickles anywhere!!


Aren't they cute? Totally fun and easy card from the mess on my desk!!

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your day is fabulous!!

Supplies:
Stamps-Mama Elephant-"Just Hatched," WPlus9-"Unforgettable," My Favorite Things-"Sweet Birthday Wishes," Paper Smooches-"Sentimental Sampler"
Papers-Scraps, Stamper's Select White Card Stock from Paper Trey Ink
Other-Copic Markers, Big Shot, Sequins, Foam Adhesive, Momento Ink-Tuxedo Black

7 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

These are really cute cards Nora and don't they look different in either colourway? Love the layout.
Hugs
Carol x

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

These are the cutest party animals! Such fun cards, absolutely love them both. Have a wonderful weekend, Nora!

Darnell said...

Have I told you that I'm obsessed with your cards, Nora?! Each one is sensational!! Every time! These are so JOYFUL!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Taunya Butler said...

So fun, so cute, and just so amazingly done!! Love the design of the card and I adore the photos and how you styled things with the card!! Adds so much interest and make you look so professional!! Your little critters that you colored are cute as can be and I love on the first card the extra bling you added. Both cards are fabulous and I love your way of creating!! So great! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Nora, these are adorable! So cute!!! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I couldn't respond to your email because you are a "no reply" blogger. That means I have no way of contacting you or answering your questions when you comment. If you want to know how you can change that just email me at kristiegoulet at icloud dot com and I will try to help you out. We moved just outside of Litchfield, CT. :) So great to hear you aren't that far away. Would love to meet you in person someday. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

These are so cute! I love those critters, and love the sequins and sparkle you added.

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...love all your sweet critters.