Friday, November 6, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #128

I cannot believe it is Friday already. The first week of November has flown by so fast.

This is my last week off before I start work. I go back next Wednesday. It has been okay being home but I am glad to go back. I am feeling so much better and think I can work a whole day again. I will miss having time to myself but right now I am craving adult company and I really miss the kids that I work with.


I want to give a shout out to my incredible daughter during this recovery. Charlotte has been AWESOME. Every day she asks if I need something or what she can do to help. It has been her and I a lot of the time as Chris has had to travel, so she has had to shoulder a lot.


I could not ask for a better helper. Isn't she cute in her Halloween costume? It was Spirit week last week and on the last day they were able to wear them to school. Thank goodness it was not too warm because this is like wearing a cozy set of winter pajamas. 

Today I am sharing a card that I created using CAS(E) this Sketch #128.


I have slowly been making cards for my friend's birthday so I have been using a lot of sunflower images. (She ADORES them!!) I used sunflowers from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Harvest" set and "Our Friendship Grows" stamp sets. All of them were colored with Copic Markers. 

Card Directions:
  1. I started the card by cutting a piece of patterned paper from American Crafts "Heartland Farm" 6" by 6" paper pad into 5 1/2" by 4 1/4." I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and then adhered it to a white card base. 
  2. I then adhered a doily from Doodlebug design onto the middle of the card.
  3. I embossed a piece of Kraft card stock with a honey comb embossing folder and then die cut it into a tag shape using Papertrey Ink's "Tag Sale #6" die. 
  4. I then used some yellow twine from Lawn Fawn to wrap around the top of the tag and tied a small bow.
  5. Next I adhered the tag to the card front using foam adhesive
  6. I layered my leaves and sunflowers that I had colored and cut ahead of time over the front of the tag. 
  7. Using foam adhesive, I adhered the sentiment that I stamped using Simon Says Stamps "Talk Bubble" set. 
  8. The last step was to adhere sequins around the sunflowers using Ranger Multi Matte adhesive.

Here is the Sketch that was my inspiration:


Isn't this a great sketch? I could see using this for so many more cards!!

To end this post, I thought I would post a photo of Zack in his Halloween costume. I know I should have posted this last weekend but as I have been terrible at blogging as of late, I missed the boat.


Doesn't he look so mad? Char made him wear it the whole day and he kept rubbing against the furniture trying to get it off.

Have a fabulous night!! Thank you for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps-Lawn Fawn "Our Friendship Grows" and "Happy Harvest," Simon Says Stamp "Talk Bubbles"
Dies-Papertrey Ink-"Tag Sale #6," Lawn Fawn "Our Friendship Grows" and "Happy Harvest"
Paper-white Card stock, kraft Card stock, American Crafts "Heartland Farm" 6" by 6" paper pad, green card stock
Other-Lawn Fawn twine, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Ranger Ink Blending tool, Big Shot, foam adhesive, Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Doodlebug doily, Honey comb embossing folder

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card....awesome take on the sketch!

Your girl is wonderful! Your puppy is too cute!

Susanne Vargas said...

The sweet pictures of Charlotte and your cheerful card put a smile on my face today! Thanks! So glad that you feel well enough to go back to work!

Amy Johnson said...

So happy to hear your feeling better. Love your card, and your puppies costume is adorable!

Squirrel said...

Charlotte is a gem - thank you for looking after your mom so well honey!

I love your card. What a great way of using a busy background paper without overwhelming the design. Straight onto my Pinterest board. XX

Inkyfingers said...

Yay to Charlotte for being such a good daughter and she looks so sweet in her costume!I'm glad you are feeling better Nora and I bet making this card was the perfect way to aid your recovery. It is a fantastic take on the sketch and I love the autumnal feel to it.

Hannelie said...

Nora this is really beautiful! I LOVE sunflowers and you showcased them in a stunning way!
Thanks for joining us at CASe this sketch!

Kim Heggins said...

Love the costume photos, so sweet. And your card is just as amazing, love your fabulous coloring.

Leigh Penner said...

Those costumes are so fun! And your card is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Miriam Prantner said...

That patterned paper is just perfect for this card, love the shape of that panel too, and those Halloween costumes are great!