Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #6

Hello everyone!! Today I am sharing my project for Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #6. I cannot believe that we are already on the sixth challenge. Where has the time gone?


I used the middle row going across-celebrate, clean and simple and critters. I will not lie, this was tough for me. Clean and simple is NOT my forte!! However, I LOVE a challenge and so I decided to create a birthday card (my celebration).


I started off by stamping and coloring an image from Mama Elephant's "Three Amigos" stamp set. I used Copic markers to color the adorable raccoon (my critter) in and then covered his dark gray "mask" and tail pieces in clear Wink of Stella. I then cut him out using his coordinating die.


Next I die cut the birthday sentiment from Mama Elephant from a piece of paper that I had watercolored and discarded ages ago. I am a hoarder so even when I make something I don't necessarily like, I keep it thinking I might use it on a different project. It makes creating a lot faster sometimes!! I then covered the die cut with clear Wink of Stella to give it some shine.


Now that I had my main elements, I could put everything together. I cut a piece of patterned paper from Pebbles and adhered it onto a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" card base. I then die cut a white panel using Avery Elle's "Wonky Stitches" die and adhered it over the kraft paper.


Next, I adhered my birthday sentiment onto the card front and placed the critter on top, like he was sitting on a stool. I added the coral sequin and the little American Crafts heart (which was a generous gift from Ka) and it was done!! This was as clean and simple as I could make it!!

This challenge was a whole lot of fun. Please join us over at Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge and enter your creation!!

Supplies:
(clicking on the photo will direct you to where I bought the supplies!!)


6 comments:

Hannelie said...

I would never guess you struggle with CAS, because this looks fabulous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Nora just so sweet! I love this sweet CAS card!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....this is just too darn cute. I love your sweet critter!

Lindsey said...

Nora, you did such an awesome job! This card is so cute! Love that you used a watercolor scrap for your word. You would never know that clean and simple isn't your forte...it sure looks like it is with this card!

Unknown said...

This is super sweet Nora!! I love that little guy holding the happy sign!!
Adorable!

Anita in France said...

What an adorable little critter, Nora ... he's fabulous perched on that wonderful sentiment! Great CAS card! Hugs, Anita :)