Wednesday, October 5, 2016

SJ Card Blog for September 2016

Hi everyone!! Today I am showcasing the cards that I created for the SJ Card Blog for September. I meant to have it up the other day but just didn't have time. It was my turn for the kit and I chose a birthday theme.


I created eleven cards, one being the card I created for my Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #19 post. Let me tell you, I have plenty left to make a ton more cards but I got sick of making birthday cards and needed a break.

So without further ado, here are my cards!!


I really attempted to only use the kit on my cards. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not!! For this card, I did add some Distress Ink Spray behind the flowers but everything else, minus the white card base, came in the kit.


This was the first card I created. I die cut numbers using old Quickutz dies. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays "Shenanigans" set-one of my FAVORITES!!


For this card I added some iridescent sequins and some Glossy Accents over the glasses to make them more realistic. I also added the white card stock background and inked all of it up.



On this card, I inked the background with Distress Ink in "Wild Violet" and accented it with some Hero Arts "Lavender" ink. The sequins were not part of the kit or the vellum I used behind the green die cut. Ultimate fail on this card for using the kit but sometimes that is where the creativity takes you!


I colored in my pig with Copic Markers and added a hat that I cut out of one of the pieces of patterned paper. I really wanted to add sparkle to the hat but I DID NOT have any Stickles in the green color to match!! Instead, I used Glossy Accents to make the pattern on the hat stick out.


For this card, I just added some red Stickles for sprinkles to the stamped tag.




This card was my favorite from the bunch. I just LOVE how this cake turned out!!

Well, that is all. I urge you to hop on over to the SJ Card Kit Blog to see what my other team mates did with their kits!!

Thanks for stopping by!!


3 comments:

Jean said...

These are all so much fun!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Nora and your creativity shines because they all look so different from each other!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such an awesome kit! Birthday cards are always in demand! I LOVE that little piggy!