Sunday, February 5, 2017

Friday Inspiration File Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone. I am sure you are all busy watching the Super Bowl. I despise football, so I am spending it in my craft room blogging my entry into K and R Designs Friday Inspiration File Challenge. (My husband does have the game on in the living room but I could care less who wins.)

Every Friday Kara shares her favorite projects online that she has seen that week. It is always so fabulous to see what she picks. She is celebrating week 300 with a challenge to pick a card from her inspiration file and CASE it.

Today I am sharing a card that was inspired by this card on Tracey McNeely's blog, "In My Creative Opinion." Her card was shown on week #299. Yes, I could have gone further into Kara's Friday Inspiration File to CASE a different card but I saw Tracey's card last week and knew I HAD to make one like it.

Here is what I came up with:


Tracey use a Sugar Peas Design stamp and die set for her card but I do not own that set. Instead, I used the envelope from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps new "Special Delivery" stamp set. I also used pink accents rather then red accents like Tracey did.


I stamped the envelope with Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink across a strip of Neenah "White" card stock. I had to do a bit of masking but since I had previously used a masking technique with this stamp, it came about pretty quick. The middle envelope was fussy cut and colored in using Copic markers. I then used foam adhesive to give it a bit of pop.


I used the Lawn Fawn "Stitched Scallop" border die to die cut a pink striped pattern paper scrap and used it to edge the stamped strip. Next I adhered the framed strip to a white, top folding A2 card. I stamped the sentiment last using CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Heartfelt Sayings" set in Simon Says Stamps "Cotton Candy" ink.

Here is Tracey's card that I CASEd:


This challenge was so much fun. I liked seeing a card and using supplies that I had on hand rather then copying the card exactly. (Though if I had this set, I would copy it. It ROCKS!)

I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge-"The Color of Love." I think this fits, don't you?

I thank you for stopping by tonight. Have a great night!!



Supplies:
Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Special Delivery" and "Heartfelt Sayings"
Ink-Memento "Tuxedo Black" and Simon Says Stamp "Cotton Candy"
Die-Lawn Fawn "Stitched Scallop Border"
Paper-Neenah Solar White Card stock, pink stripe (unknown)
Other-Scrapbook Adhesive Foam Adhesive, Glossy Accents, Copic Markers, Big Shot

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a cute CASE of Tracey's card, very sweet!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hey Nora! My team wasn't in the super bowl, but we had a lot of squares that we bought from my sons baseball pool, so that made it pretty exciting. We had 8 & 8 which were pretty lousy numbers, but they ended up being the score in the 4th quarter! Unfortunately it can't end in a tie, otherwise we would have won $400! Plus I love all the apps at a super bowl party, so that counts for a lot! I'm stuffed. Anyway, great case of Tracey's cute card. Love that you were able to copy it pretty closely without having the same stamps. That must mean we all just have a ton of stamps, right?! Hahaha.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the pink stripes, Nora!!! Your CASE is just fabulous, and so is TRacey's card! xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable...love your sweet love letter boarder.

Virginia L. said...

Your design is so delightful, Nora! Love the stamping with the pink and pattern paper! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “The Color of Love” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work! Thanks also for stopping by my blog the other day! Hugs!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card, love your border of mini envelopes.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Joyce said...

THis is so adorable. I also loved Tracey's card, and your take on it is just as wonderful.

Diane said...

What an adorable Valentine design Nora.

Hugs Diane

Jean said...

Such a lovely card! I really like the scallops on top cut from the striped paper. So much fun!

Kara said...

Love it!! Just too cute!

Becca Cruger said...

This is just the sweetest! I love how you brought the tones from the conversation hearts into your card!

Kara said...

Love your sweet card!!

Happy Dance said...

Unless it's the Packers, it's not a Superbowl, lol! Not a big football fan anymore either, but baseball is a completely different story! I love your take on Tracey's card. Such a sweet Valentine!! That pink striped border is fabulous against those sweet envelopes. Love this! Bev