Tuesday, June 27, 2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #227

Happy Tuesday!! Busy day here. Had to go to the dentist today to get measured for a retainer. Who knew at 48 that my teeth would start moving and I would need worry about my teeth shifting back to a pre-braces spot. I feel like a teen again!!

I also had to bring Zack to the vet. He has not been himself as of late. We are no sooner outside on a walk when he starts panting and cannot keep up with us. (He has been trained to walk by our right side.) Zack also limps a little when he gets up.

He is at least 9 (not totally sure because he is a rescue dog) and I know things do get slower with age. I just don't like to see him like this. They gave him some antibiotics and hopefully these will help make him feel better.

Enough about life!!

Today I am sharing a card I created for CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #227. This came together quick because most of the supplies were right on my desk.


I started off by covering a white, A2, top folding card with a scrap of patterned paper. I then layered a rectangle I had embossed over the front, as per the sketch below.


Next I die cut three frames out of white card stock using My Favorite Things "Pierced Rectangle" frames dies. I adhered them together and placed them over the top of the embossed paper.


I then stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things "Geometric Greenery" onto a white banner that I had die cut using MFTs "Fishtail Flags Frames" Die-namics. I added it to the card front using foam adhesive.


I adhered a white Simon Says Stamp "Tiny Tags" die cut that was on my desk over the flag and covered that with a Memory Box's "Rhone Butterfly Wings" that I had die cut for a previous project and never used.


To finish off the card, I covered the body and the wings of the butterfly with "Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Marker." I thought that the body melted in to the butterfly a bit too much so I then covered it with Diamond” Stickles.

That is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!


Supplies:
Stamps-My Favorite Things “Geometric Greenery
Paper-Neenah Solar White, My Mind’s Eye “Meadowlark” patterned paper
Dies-Memory Box “Rhone Butterfly Wings,” My Favorite Things “Fishtail Flags Frames” and Die-namics “Pierced Rectangle” Frames, Simon Says Stamp! “Tiny Tags” (retired)

Other-Sizzix “Big Dots” Embossing Folder, Sizzix Big Shot Machine, “Diamond” Stickles, Adhesive Foam,

9 comments:

Diane said...

What a lovely background and embossing Nora.

Hugs Diane

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like those pretty little framed polka dots and your sparkly butterfly! This is lovely Nora. It's amazing how things change as we get older. If only I could change back to my 18 year old body LOL!!

Happy Dance said...

This is just beautiful, Nora. The paper, the frames, the embossing, and that pretty butterfly all make a gorgeous card!! Just love this one! Bev

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Nora! Great take on the sketch!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning Nora...love all that beautiful white and that lacy butterfly!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so elegant! I love the texture and that beautiful butterfly. And I hope that Zack is ok. :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such an elegant card! Love the sweet little butterfly you added!

Patti said...

I love seeing pp used! I have so much of it and need to give it some LOVE : ) your card really inspires me to create with some of my favorite pp.

Have a great weekend!

Patti

Kim S said...

I love the contrast of the elegance paper on the outside with the crisp, clean white on the inside!