Thursday, January 4, 2018

Day 5 Sneak Peek for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps January 2018 Release-"Peace and Comfort"

Hey everyone!! Just popping in to show you a sneak peek of the new CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Peace and Comfort" stamp set.


I think of all the sets release this week, this is my favorite. I cannot tell you how many sympathy cards I create every month, either for me to give or someone asking me to make them a card to give.

Here is the card I created using the "Peace and Comfort" stamp set.


I started off this card by stamping the flowers in purple and yellow, along with the leaves in a row across a piece of white cardstock. I was originally going to make this a one layer card BUT when I was stamping, I got purple ink on the white card stock so I had to rethink my design.


Next I stamped the sentiment over the top of the flowers in black. I cut down the strip and layered it over an A2 card that I had covered in green patterned paper. I finished off the card by adding a black and white strip of patterned paper above the stamping.


This stamp set, as well as all the other stamp sets shown this week are available at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Store under the "NEW" section. Use my code-NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order.


I thank you for stopping by today. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for one more sneak peek!!


5 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful card, Nora. The addition of the patterned papers really highlights your row of roses and sentiment. The "booboo" has turned into something quite lovely! Such pretty colors and this card will speak volumes to its recipient. Well done! Bev

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Nora ... the blue/green/yellow colour combo is gorgeous ... a wonderful way to express condolences! This is my favourite from the release so far too ... you showcased it beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun flowers - makes for a great sympathy card

Lisa Elton said...

This is s perfect lovely sympathy card Nora! The colors are soothing and the flowers sweet!

CherylQuilts said...

Nora, this is a beautiful card for a sympathy card! I love the sentiment, and your flowers and colors are cheerful and upbeat. Having lost two parents, I remember loving cards that were like this one. I wanted to see something beautiful when my heart was hurting. This will surely bring comfort and let the person know you care. Warm hugs!