Sunday, November 4, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches

Hi everyone!! I hope you are all doing well!! I have been terribly busy lately, visiting my daughter at college, visiting my Aunt and going to funerals. I have had time in my craft room BUT no time to blog much.

Today I am sharing a card I created using Freshly Made Sketches #361 as my inspiration.


It is a bit colorful but I the yellow card stock matched the yellow flower exactly and so I decided to use it for the background.


The stamp set is from Concord and 9th. I originally bought it to make my daughter some monogrammed notecards but that goal didn't last too long.

Here is the sketch that I was inspired by:

I actually dug out some Doodlebug paper Frills that I have had for YEARS for the scalloped border. I have them in about every color so it was kind of fun to dig them out and put them on a card.



That is all from me today!! I hope you are all having a FABULOUS weekend!!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Colorful and cute! Great use of the sketch and your little scallop border!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful color blocking Nora! Fab take on the sketch!

Patti said...

How pretty!! I love the colors you used!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous, cheery card Nora and I like how you used the monogram as the first letter of celebrate. I'm sorry you are going to a lot of funerals lately - sadly they often seem to come in a few at a time.




Amy O said...

Gorgeous colors and I love the sweet monogram! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Love, love, love this color combo! It's one I would have never put together on a whim - but I must jot it down! Beautiful monogram and such a striking focal point - I just love this card to bits!