Monday, February 25, 2019

Happy Monday and Some Cards

Happy Monday! Just dropping by to add a couple of cards.

The first card I used two challenges as my inspiration-CASE this Sketch #310 and Just Us Girls #476-Photo Challenge.


I had fun stamping a bunch of different colored roses on my day off last week using Altenew's Vintage Rose stamp set and die cutting them using the matching dies. I decided to use a couple of the purple ones on this card.


I embossed the pattern on the white Neenah Solar White Cardstock using a Darice embossing folder.


The sentiment is from my new favorite Memory Box stamp set "Best Life Typewriter Sentiments."

Again, I am entering them into two challenges.



My second card I created for Inkspirational Challenge: Use Your Stash.


I used Sugar Pea Designs "Birthday Balloons" Stamp set and and the MFT cloud stencil for the background.


I was also going to do a color challenge but could not get the colors right.


Well, that is all from me today. I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!



10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are fantastic Nora! Your purple roses are gorgeous and I like your stenciled sky behind the balloons!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous roses!! I'm not usually a fan of purples - but it totally works here - it manages to be cheerful and elegant all at once! And I love the colorful balloons floating above the clouds - the little stars are a great accent.

Diane said...

Nora your colors and designs are amazing.

Hugs Diane

Christine Kiehl said...

Beautiful cards!

Darnell said...

A great twofer for us today, Nora! I'm loving your take on the purple JUGS and sketch challenges! We all should be painting our flowers purple more often! It's a prevalent color in our yard, but I rarely color my card flowers purple. Makes no sense so this is a good reminder. And I love your dotty balloons floating up in the amazing clouds sending someone birthday wishes! Hugs, Darnell

Marlena M. said...

Fabulous cards Nora! Your purple is delish! Your balloon card has just the right amount of pop and dimension to exact a lovely scene. Those clouds are amazing! Thank you for linking up your work at INk~

Patti said...

Beautiful rose card!! I am wild about that image - it is so realistic!! and your birthday card is as sweet as pie! your clouds are spectacular!!

Lisa Kind said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the purple roses. They are so pretty and fun to create! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Marina said...

Two beautiful cards - your balloons look so jolly against the cloud background. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Monika Reeck said...

lovely purple card Nora
I adore the flower in purple its my fav color :)
I have that embossing folder too
we have a same taste girl LOL
The clouds in Balloon card is so sweet
love the idea...will remember this for next card I will made
hugs
Monika