Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A Flip, Flap Card and A Video Experiment

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

I had to check my watch to see if I had the right day today. I got home Friday from a fourteen day trip to Ireland and I am still acclimating to this time zone. I am waking up early, which helps me to get things done, but I still trying to figure out the days of the week. I won't post about my trip today but will be doing a post sometime this week. Still processing it all.

Today I am popping in with a card I created as an experiment. I have been watching YouTube videos on interactive cards the last couple days and I wanted to give it a try. My first creation is a Flip Flap card and I even created a little video to show you the card in action at the end of all my photos.

I am not going to give you a step by step as I am NOT an expert. I still haven't even stamped a "pull" instruction on my little tag but was so excited that it worked that I had to post!!


Anyway, this is the outside of my card. I actually started off the whole thing with the martini die cut. I had it all put together in my stash and I wanted to use it on a card.


I think my favorite part of the front is that I used some Glossy Accents to mimic the alcohol in the glass!! I could change the color to make it a different drink next time. Perhaps a Lemon Drop????


When you pull the little tag on the side, the front opens up to a snarky sentiment.


I used a sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Shenanigans" stamp set on the inside. I am the oldest of all my friends so this will be sent to someone this summer!!


Okay, I am attempting to input the video below. PLEASE let me know if you can view this!!


I want to start doing videos and this was an easy way to see if I could do it. Not professional by any means but it is a start!! I will also admit that the green is more accurate in the photos rather than the video. Sorry about that.

I am entering this into Just Us Girls Challenge #495 which is a "smile" word challenge. I think this card would make someone smile, don't you? I will also be entering this into Seize the Birthday, with no topping.


Please let me know what you think!! I thank you for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!



Supplies:
(Affiliated Links used when possible, at no extra cost to you)
Paper-Neenah Solar White, Prima, Bazzill
Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Shenanigans," Technique Tuesday "Sassy Birthday," Altenew "Label Love"
Inks-Ranger Distress Ink in "Shabby Shutters" and "Twisted Citron," Stampin Up! "Old Olive," "Real Red," "Daffodil Delight," "Pumpkin Pie," Memento "London Fog," 
Dies- Xcut-Martini Glass, My Favorite Things
Other-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Curtis Stencil," Glossy Accents, Scotch Tape Runner, Sizzix Big Shot, Picket Fence Studios Blender Brushes



10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very cute flip-flap card. Your video shows up well. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday. JoAnn

Lisa Elton said...

I can see the video! This is a fabulous card Nora and the inside sentiments are a hoot! Can't wait to hear about your trip ;)

Cathy said...

Hi Nora, what a great card! Love the snarky sentiments lol! The video worked great although I couldn't hear you very well. Could've been my settings though. Fantastic interactive card, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Macimbalo said...

Love your card and your take on the challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at JUGS this week!

Anita in France said...

What a fun and fabulous interactive card, Nora ... the detailing on that martini is just brilliant ... and the sentiments are a riot! I see the video ... looks and sounds great! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Your video worked and it's great, Nora! Lovely to hear your voice! And go you for making a cool interactive card! Of course, I, too, love how you glossified that martini and the tons of snark you used! If we can't laugh about getting older (and be grateful for it!), then we might as well be dead! Hugs, Darnell

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous! I love your fun flip flap creation and your martini looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Kim S said...

Welcome back!!

What a fun card!! It was really cute even without the flip flap - but how perfect is the beverage with the snarky sentiment?! (And the video worked perfectly!)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun card Nora! Love your flip flap and your video! Hope you get acclimatized soon! FYI today is Tuesday! --wink wink

KathyA. said...

Great card and successful creation of the video. Yay times TWO.