Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Twofer Challenge #18

Happy Wednesday!!

I missed making cards when I was away on vacation and have been itching to do so. I am not sure if it was due to jet lag or what, but I caught something and have been sick for the last week or so. While I was sick, I didn't feel like creating BUT I did a lot of shopping. Shhh...don't tell my husband!! I have had a lot of crafty packages come in the mail over the week and finally felt healthy enough to use them yesterday!!!

I knew when I saw the theme for the Twofer Challenge that I had to participate.


The theme this month was "garden."


I created two cards using NBUS "Sweet Berries" stamp set from Clearly Besotted and my newly acquired "Label Black" from the Ink Blot Shop for my two cards.


Can I tell you how much fun I had coloring these raspberry images? I did a bit of research on what Copic colors to use and took some photos while I was coloring to show you the colors I used.

The first color set was the berries:


Then the flowers:


And the leaves were the last thing I colored in. I actually did a bit of under coloring with a B34 for shadowing and I was amazed at how it came out!!


For my first card, I stamped the raspberry image, colored it in and used the matching die cut to cut it out.


Underneath my berries I used the Geometric Circles stencil from Neat and Tangled with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I then layered the Fab Frame from Paper Smooches that I had die cut from Neenah Solar White cardstock.


I popped the berries up with foam adhesive and used foam adhesive under the sentiments as well.


My last step for all the cards on my blog took hours. I added Glossy Accents over each part of the berry, doing every other section, letting it dry, then doing another section. I wanted it to feel like a real raspberry when you touched it. It came out REALLY cool!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Ink Blot Shop "Label Black," Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries"
Ink: Ranger Dusty Concord Distres Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Paper Smooches "Fab Frames," Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries"
Other: Neat and Tangled "Geometric Circles," Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Foam Adhesive, Sizzix Big Shot

For my second card, I colored in a white panel of Neenah that I had stamped the berries on.


I was originally going to make one card from this panel but I couldn't figure out how I would put the sentiment on it so I cut it up and made TWO cards out of it. Yup, so I actually made THREE cards but since the third card is also a birthday card, I am considering it a bonus!!!


I used an old Fiskars Scallop punch to add a black scalloped border on the colored panel and adhered it onto a card front that was covered in My Favorite Things patterned paper. 


I added the die cut sentiment, which I die cut out of black three times and layered it together. I then used foam adhesive on the sentiment strip. 


I added a few sequins and then did the Glossy Accent treatment on the berries.

Supplies:
Stamps: Ink Blot Shop "Label Black," Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries"
Paper: Neenah Solar White, My Favorite Things Black and White Stripes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries," My Favorite Things Hugs 
Other: Neat and Tangled "Geometric Circles," Copic Markers, Glossy AccentsSequins, Foam Adhesive, Sizzix Big Shot, Fiskars Scallop Punch

Now for my bonus card!!!


I used the other part of the panel from my second card and laid it over a wine colored card base. 


I used a bit of striped paper at the top for a border. I used foam adhesive for the sentiments and added some sequins.


Again I did the Glossy Accent treatment to the berries. I think you can tell from the photo above how it looks.

Supplies:
Stamps: Ink Blot Shop "Label Black," Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries"
Paper: Neenah Solar White, My Favorite Things Black and White Stripes, Wine Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Clearly Besotted "Sweet Berries," My Favorite Things Hugs 
Other: Neat and Tangled "Geometric Circles," Copic Markers, Glossy AccentsSequins, Foam Adhesive, Sizzix Big Shot

Well, that is all from me today. I had a BLAST with this challenge and so much fun coloring and creating these cards. 

I hope you have a FABULOUS night!!


14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry you've been under the weather. And I'm so happy to see this trio of fabulousness! My goodness do your berries look scrumptious!

KathyA. said...

Stopping by from Twofers Challenge to tell you that this is one of the neatest cards I've ever seen. I'd wondered how you created the wonderful texture... and was amazed to learn that you did each berry "bump" separately with glossy accents. What a gift of love. Both cards are simply breathtaking. [I bet you'll be a future guest designer... which, by the way, is a thrill!]

KathyA. said...

Stopped by from Twofers to check out your amazing work... and am not your latest follower. I love your work. Kathy from https://myasperations.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Nora, your colouring looks fabulous, sadly I don't do copics:( and the chameleon pens I bought don't get much love lol! These berries do look good enough to eat and I love the striped do with them, Cathy x

Darnell said...

I'm sorry you came down with a bug after your holiday, Nora, and I hope you are 100% better soon. It certainly didn't stop you from being 100% on your creative game with these three spectacular raspberry designs! Way to go using NBUS, too! Thank you for the step-by-step of your expert coloring and layouts. You colored those berries perfectly! Taking the time to glossify each seed of each berry is definitely going the extra mile, but so worth it! The juiciness is amazing!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Oh wow! All three o these cards are stunning! What fabulous desins and coloring!

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Nora! Yes, I shop when I'm under the weather too - hey, there are worse habits. I am in so much awe of your raspberries! The coloring is absolutely gorgeous and I loved seeing your color combinations. The Glossy Accents is perfect! So much patience to wait for some to dry in order to get that great texture! Each of your cards is beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Good to see you're feeling better after that bug, Nora ... must've been the retail therapy that helped! How fabulous that you created a threefer with those luscious, juicy raspberries ... your colouring on all three cards is just fantastic ... and I love the Glossy Accents! They really do look bobbly ... it was so worth the time you took to get that effect! The framing and stencilling on your birthday card is so pretty and feminine ... such a great contrast to the graphic, stylish diagonal stripes of the hugs card! The bonus is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. GOSH! Your berries are incredible! I love how you painstakingly applied the gloss to every other little berry part so it wouldn't run together. It was so worth it! Beautiful coloring, and the frame on your birthday card was named exactly right because it sure is fab! Love all your layouts. These are just fantastic cards! I'm glad you feel better. I'm sure it was the retail therapy that helped you over it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

Happy Dance said...

Heck Nora, I shop when I'm mad at John! Glad you're feeling better by now. Those raspberries look amazing! You've colored them just perfectly, too. They look like the berries hanging on the branches in my backyard. Your designs are great, and I love the die cut frame and that you've used that punch for the black border. Absolutely love the b&w striped paper, too. Wonderful cards. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! : ) Bev

Greta said...

Your cards caught my eye in the Twofer gallery, so came to check them out! 2 really wonderful creations--love them both! Amazing coloring!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous cards! Your colouring breathtaking, Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS on your well-deserved win at the Twofer Challenge, Nora! Your cards are absolutely, positively GORGEOUS! Beautiful Copic coloring, fabulous stenciling, and I love how you added GA to the berries...they're perfect! Thanks so much for walking us through your coloring and design process...I really appreciate it! Can't wait to see what you create for your Guest Designer spot...Woo-Hoo!!!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm sorry...I meant to add that I hope you're feeling much better by now! Barb xx