Friday, May 8, 2020

Smile: Happiness is Contagious!!

Happy Friday!!

Just popping in with a card I created for the Online Card Class: Spring Card Camp 2. I am so happy that I took this class!! So far the techniques have been ones I have used but then the designers KICKED them up a notch!!

Yesterday's homework was to make your own stripes. Here is the card I created.


I used the colors from a Design Seeds color card to pick the colors for this card. I wanted to try to step out of my comfort zone!!



I originally wanted to make it a one layer card but as always happens, I tore my paper when taking off some of the tape and had to improvise.


I used Honey Bee Stamps "Zen Floral Stamps" to stamp inside most of my stripes that I blended on this card.


I stamped "Smile," a sentiment from My Favorite Things, in black on the striped panel and then emphasized it with a Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen and Glossy Accents. It almost looks like it is a die cut!!


I will be creating my next homework assignment after work to post tomorrow. I have never been successful with the next technique so cross your fingers that I can get it to work!!!

I am also going to be posting this on the NBUS Challenge Blog as I have had these Honey Bee Stamps for a while but have never used them. 


I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!


9 comments:

Diane said...

Super fun colors and design Nora.

Hugs Diane

Darnell said...

What a bright and cheery card, Nora! You can't help but smile when you see it! Well done on your stripey homework and I LOVE the glossified SMILE!! Take care, my friend, and keep safe! And thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Nora, WOW! You rocked the colors. Love this!

Lisa Elton said...

So bright and happy Nora!!

Kara Lynne said...

How cool are those stripes! You really did kick it up a notch with stamping on your stripes! That color combination is phenomenal as well. I really thought that stamped "smile" was a die cut!

Jean said...

So much fun - and the use of the Design Seeds colors is brilliant!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you combined the color challenge with your stripes ... fantastic card.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a sunny, splendidly lovely design. I adore the mix of earth tones and warm hues at play here.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Claire said...

I would never put those colours together but they look amazing. You're right about the fabulous glossy sentiment...would never have known you'd stamped it!