Sunday, May 3, 2020

With Deepest Sympathy

Just popping in with a card I created yesterday for two challenges.


I was inspired by two challenges for this card-Freshly Made Sketches #433 and this weeks The Color Throwdown #591.


I knew I wanted to do these two challenges in tandem so I dug through my supplies and pulled out this butterfly from PaperTrey Ink's A Bit More Butterfly Blooms stamp set. I had gotten this set AGES ago and had yet to ink it up. I decided this was the perfect card to ink it up for.


I heat embossed the butterfly and colored it in with Zig markers. I pulled these out to try something a little different. I haven't been doing a ton of coloring lately and when I do, it is always with Copic. I am not great with these but they were fun to use. 


Even the ink smooshing I did with the purple marker that I colored in the tiny dots in the wings. Mixed with water it turned out a bit more pink than I had wanted. However, I decided that it looked good with the butterfly so I kept it.


The sentiment is also from a PaperTrey Ink stamp set-Words of Comfort. This particular sentiment stamp is the one I use over and over.

Well, that is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Have a FABULOUS day!!


10 comments:

Kim S said...

I love your richly colored butterfly - so elegant for a sympathy card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! That embossed butterfly is just stunning, especially with the CTD challenge colors! Great take on both challenges!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the elegance the gold adds, this is pretty Nora!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful CAS design! So glad you were able to join us at CTD this week!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and that ink smooshing! It is perfect for this sketch and oh so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

This gold embossed butterfly looks gorgeous against the delicate splatter. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! Love that butterfly! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a beautiful CAS design, Nora and I love the stylish contemporary feel.
Hope you are well and take care.
Hugs
Carol x

Diane said...

Wow what a stunning design Nora.

Hugs Diane

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a serene, elegantly beautiful design.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life