Monday, June 22, 2020

A Couple of Cards using New Supplies

Hi everyone!! I hope you are all having a great Monday morning.

I am planning on cleaning out a wardrobe in my bedroom today so that I can get rid of it. I am trying to clean out at least one closet/room a day while I am off for the summer. My craft room is LAST on the list though!!

I need to clean out the computer room upstairs first because my husband said I could move my craft room to this room because it bigger! I am so excited because I get to PAINT it too! Unfortunately, that is the catch all room and it holds more stuff than I even want to think about. I tried to clean out a corner yesterday and had to stop as it overwhelmed me.

Today I have a couple of cards for some challenges. I love challenges to jump start my creativity!! I also always try to comment on the DT's of these challenge blogs when I join because I think it is the right thing to do. I know people don't have a ton of time but I figure if I have the time to post a card, I need to leave some love for them. What do you think?

My first card I was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketches #440.


Here is the FMS440 Sketch that inspired this card:

I used my new Pinwheel Party Stencil and Die from The Greetery to create the fun colored pinwheels on my card. I used Distress Ink that would match the pattern paper I chose to use.


The die cut alphabet is Pink Fresh Studio's Adore Alphabet the label die is Papertrey Ink.


This is not my favorite card but I don't hate it. I really struggled with the sketch, though I am not sure why. I was determined to do it, though!!

For my second card, I made a birthday card. I should have looked at some color challenges BUT I wanted to keep the card CAS so I chose to use basically red and white.


I had so much fun using the Birthday Palooza Stamp and Die set from Simon Says Stamp to create the candle border and the sentiment. I bought this set after the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 after seeing some really stunning cards using this set.


The streamers are The Greetery's Twisted Crepe Dies. These are SO FUN and I can so see me using these on a TON of different cards.


I am going to enter this into Seize the Birthday Challenge-Anything GoesWWD276-Anything Goes with a Twist and the NBUS Challenge, as this is the first time I have used these products.



That is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. I am always happy when people see what I create. 

Have a FABULOUS day!!



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards Nora! I like those teeny candles on the second one!

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Nora, I wish I lived close by and there wasn't Covid, because I LOVE cleaning and purging and organizing! We'd have a ball, but never mind, YOU can do it and then you'll be in a BIG craft room! Think of it! I love your bright and colorful take on the sketch with your Father's Day card and your uber CASlicious red and white birthday card! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! (I think your birthday card would fit TIME OUT's challenge, too.) Keep safe and sane! Hugs, Darnell

Witchcrafted Life said...

How awesomely exciting that a larger craft room will soon be yours. As someone whose creative space makes a matchbox look roomy by comparison, I can hugely relate to the desire to have more space for all your crafty happenings. I hope that the decluttering goes great and that it won't be too long before you're crafting in your bigger room.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life