Monday, July 20, 2020

A Couple of Cards and My Anniversary!!

Hello everyone!! I hope that you are all doing well.

It is my 24th wedding anniversary. Chris bought me some pretty flowers but we did not do anything special today.


I have no desire to go out anywhere to eat. We did go out for ice cream. Chris hates going anywhere because of the masks!! I still had to commemorate it somehow so I made him take this selfie.


Today I am sharing some cards I created this weekend. The first I created for this weeks Cupcake Inspiration Challenge # 498.


The challenge was a color challenge to use yellow, white and blue. My blue is NOT the same shade as the photo and I hope this is okay.


I used Reverse Confetti's "Butterfly Wreath" stamp and die for my card. I stamped the wreath on a pale blue cardstock and colored the butterflies in with different colored aqua blue pencils.


I mounted the wreath over an A2, top folding white card base that I had splattered yellow and blue mists all over.


This was a fun card to make and I had fun getting messy. I am NOT great at colored pencil coloring, though. I cannot seem to shade no matter how hard I try.

I am going to enter this into The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. I have not been great about participating in this challenge this time around but I am glad I did get to color a bit!!


My second card that I am posting was inspired by THIS card from Karolyn Loncon's Paper Therapy Blog that I saw on Pinterest.


I used pattern paper scraps to create my flowers. I could probably make 100's of these cards with the amount of scraps I have!!


I chose to CASE her card because my mojo is lost right now. I hate when that happens!!!


This was a lot of fun to create and I will be making a couple more like this at a later date.

Well, that is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a fabulous night!!!



7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Ice cream sounds like a perfect outing to celebrate your special day! Two fabulous cards Nora. Your sparkly wreath is terrific and I love the whimsy of your second card, it's so CUTE!

Joyce said...

2 fabulous and lovely cards. I really like those butterflies--such pretty variations of blue. Your splatters are brave! I am always in admiration of anyone brave enough to splatter. Your CASed flower card is so sweet. I always love to CASE something when I need to kick start my mojo. Maybe I'll make some of these flowers with a few of my many scraps.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards (spotted the wreath at the 30 Day Coloring Challenge)! Your wreath looks amazing atop the splattered card and I love your layered circle flowers!! I too could make a million of those...

SmilynStef said...

happy anniversary ... love the splatter on the first card and those awesome lollipop blooms.

sue t. said...

First thing- Happy 24th!! That is awesome! Hubby and I had the same kind of anniversary this year, right down to the ice cream! Second- no worries about your blue- I am often bucking the challenge in some way. It shows how creative you are!! Love your alternate blue, yellow and white card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful way to use the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge colors! So glad you shared this gem with us!
Hugs,
Debbie

Kim S said...

Congratulations!! I hit 31 years this year so I know what it takes!!