Monday, October 12, 2020

Sending Strength

Happy Monday!! 

I have had the day off and since I a finally feeling better after a week of being sick I have given myself some creative time. I had my eyes dilated today and found out that I need a stronger prescription for reading glasses. For someone who has always had stronger than 20/20 vision, this has been a bit disappointing for me. However, new glasses will help with the headaches I have been getting.

Today is also a sad day for me every year. I am actually glad that Columbus Day fell on this date. It is the 27th anniversary of my mother's death. I miss her each and every day but this day is always bittersweet.

Onto something happy!! Today I am posting a card that I created using the sketch from the Paper Craft Crew. I adore their challenges but alway am finishing up my projects after they close. 

The sketch below is what inspired my card. 

Instead of the circle, I decided to do a leaf that was die cut using Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies out of paper that I had done some ink smooshing on World Card Making Day. 

I paired the leaf with Feathered Friends Mini 1 from Ink to Paper. The sentiment is Simple Strips Sympathy by Taylored Expressions. 

I paired these with some pattern paper that I die cut using The Greetery's  Crimped Frame dies. I have been trying to use more patterns in my cards as of late because I have SO MUCH PAPER and I just keep buying more. A nice pattern paper is my weakness!!!

The paper I used is Crunchy Leaves by Prima and Full of Joy by American Crafts. I popped these up on a kraft card base that was embossed using the Sunny Studios Woodgrain Embossing Folder. I just LOVE how this card came out and will be sending it to a friend that I know is having a rough time of it right now.

Fall is my FAVORITE time of year and I did a bit of decorating a couple weeks ago but am just downloading my photos now. I created a wreath for my door.


I put my old scarecrow out with some mums. I don't decorate for Halloween anymore as we don't tend to get trick or treaters.


Above is my kitchen door and below is my front door.


I try to cover up my front stoop as we don't really use that door that much. I would rather people use the kitchen door because I can talk through the screen door!!

Well, that is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!!





8 comments:

tasharock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tasharock said...

What die did you use for the "pop tart" edges? I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry you've been under the weather and I hear you on those reading glasses... getting older is tough stuff! Your card is lovely and so are your fall decorations. Coming from a former floral designer... terrific job on that wreath!!

DorothyA said...

Pretty card. Thank you for sharing about your love for your mother and missing her. Those beloved parent memories are so special.

Kim said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thank you so much for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Betty said...

Love the colors and the design of your cards.

Chris Smith said...

This is so sweet! It's perfect with the greeting. I'm so glad you could join us at the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Jan Musselman said...

That is a very interesting die cut for the rectangles. Lovely card! Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!