Sunday, October 4, 2020

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and a Couple Cards for World Card Making Day

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Yesterday FLEW by and I only was able to make three cards, and one is sitting on my desk half finished. My mojo is just GONE and I was so disappointed because I set aside the whole day yesterday just to play. Don't you hate when that happens?

Now onto some FUN news!!! The two winners of the new products I collaborated on with CAS-ual Fridays  are.....

Sue D. you were randomly picked to win the Pinked Slimline Fri-dies and Lisa Elton for the Everyday Dragonflies Stamp and Fri-dies!!! Congratulations!! I cannot wait to see what you create!!! 

Onto my lame attempt at making cards for World Card Making Day. My first card I created for the Pinkfresh Studio Challenge #12 hosted by Arjita. It was to create a card using florals. Here is what I created.


I stamped the Modern Layered Florals with Pinkfresh Dye Inks. (I used the ink cubes from Over the Hills for the leaves and Heartbeat for the flowers.) I have had this stamp set for ages and this was the first time I inked it up and I LOVED it!! I layered my florals over a panel of pattern paper from the Celebrate 6" by 6" paper pack. 

The whole layout design was inspired by this weeks Freshly Made Sketches #455. The sketch was a square card but I changed it to a rectangle.


I added some Buttermilk Nuvo Crystal Drops in the center of the red florals to create the floral centers. I popped the sentiment, from the same stamp set, using some foam adhesive and then added some pink pearls around the edges. 


I really liked how this card came out!!! I even stamped and die cut a couple more florals using different colors to use on some future cards.

For my second card, I pulled out my PLETHORA of pre-made ephemera from Pinkfresh Studio to create my card. I used the Pinkfresh Challenge #6 and Challenge #12 hosted by Anne (6) and Artija (12). The challenges were to create a card with no stamping and florals. Here is what I came up with.


None of the stuff on this card is out there anymore. I am a paper and ephemera WHORE that buys it and then NEVER uses it!! It is terrible!! For this card, I combined Pinkfresh paper and Stitched Frames from the "Simple and Sweet" collection, along with flowers and die cuts from "Joyful Day." I then threw in a typed sentiment strip from the "Indigo Hills" set.


Not one stamped image in sight!!! I need to do things like this more often because it is fun to sit and layer things on top of each other. I added some Clear Wink of Stella over the flowers to give them a bit of shine, as well as some Nuvo Fresh Snow Glitter Accents in the middle of the flowers. 


For my final touch, I added some gold sequins across the card. I am so happy with how this came out!! 

Well, that is all from me today! I hope you all have a FABULOUS afternoon!!




5 comments:

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards you created even if you felt your mojo was missing.
I am so excited to see my name--can't wait to craft with this die set. congrats to Lisa too.

Lisa Elton said...

Hot dog, yay for the win!! Two beautiful cards today Nora. I love your FMS card, I say it's a winner!

Kim S said...

You may think your mojo is missing - but your cards don't show it! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous - and perfect on the softly colored paper and pearls! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

DorothyA said...

I think your cards are beautiful. It's hard to create something OUTSTANDING and unique- I think beautiful is just right. I too am a hoarder of paper, stickers, everything... It's time to use it! Let's do it!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What heartfelt, sweet, beautiful greetings.

You are one seriously speedy crafter, my friend. If I'm able to complete one card in a day, I feel like I'm on a productivity steak.

That said, I do remember one day several holiday seasons ago, when I was able to make three Christmas greetings in a single day. I still marvel over that sometimes. 😂

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life