Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Few Mother's Day Cards

 Happy Hump Day everyone!! This week is dragging and it does not feel like a Wednesday to me but a Thursday. The weeks are so slow but the weekends go by so quickly. I am just about to relax and bam, I am back at work. I know I am not the only one who feels this way!

Today I am here with a few Mother's Day cards. I actually do not enjoy making these as my mother has been deceased for over 25 years. This holiday just makes me sad. However, I figured that I could bring it to work and someone would take them. 

My first one is just a remake of an old card. I added a stamped Mom from Taylored Expressions.

I know, I know, it is a bit bright but I LOVE the pattern papers I used and I was able to match the green of the rick rack with some of my green ink.

All of this is from my stash. I am finding stuff I forgot I had as I have cleaned my room out. Still have a TON more to do!! 

This Mother's Day card was created using scrap paper, cardstock and the Antique Rose Layering Die from Altenew. 

I am not one to buy little pads of cardstock but I bought Floral Smooth Cardstock Paper Pad from Scrapbook.com and used it for this card. It was perfect!! I didn't have to dig through my scraps to get the perfect shades that matched up.

I liked the first card so much that I created a second Mother's Day set using the same rose die. I am trying to use up my pre-made die cuts so I added the "wood" frame behind the rose.


I think I like this one better than the first!! I am entering this card into this weeks Card Concept Challenge #154. I was inspired by the pink roses in the bouquet and all the lovely greenery. 


Well, that is all from me today. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!!




6 comments:

R's Rue said...

So pretty. I love it 🥰
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards, Nora!

Bobby said...

I saw your card at The Card Concept and had to come take a better look, Nora. That rose is gorgeous. Now I'm really glad I just ordered that floral paper pack. ;)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Sweet Nora, I'm deeply sorry that Mother's Day is a painful annual event for you, just as I am that you not only lost your mom, but that she passed so early in your life. It is 100% understandable why this holiday wouldn't be your fave by any means.

Thank you for creating these beautiful cards despite how you feel about Mother's Day. I'm sure they will brighten the celebrations of each lucky mama who receives one next weekend.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kim S said...

Lovely cards!! That layered rose is amazing and you sent me running right over to the scrapbook.com to check out the coordinating papers. I also love the patterned papers you picked behind it! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... your layering turned out absolutely perfect. Love it.