Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 3 of Twelve Days of Christmas Fun

Hello everyone!! I hope you all are having a terrific Tuesday.

Today I am showcasing a paper birdhouse ornament I created. I originally was going to make this for last month's Paper Trey Ink's November blog hop but didn't because I really didn't use that many PTI products on this. However, I don't care because I LOVE how this ornament came out.



To begin with, I cut Kraft card stock into two  4" by 8 1/2" pieces and then adhered the pieces together.  This probably wasn't necessary but I wanted to make sure that this ornament was as stable as I could make it. I then adhered a house template I had cut out on top of the Kraft paper using temporary adhesive. (Please see this post on Nichole Heady's blog for the template I used.)

Next, I cut the house out of the Kraft paper and, using a bone folder, I creased the areas where the dotted line was on the template.



I then took the template off the paper and inked the house using Vintage Photo ink.

My next step was to fold the house in the creased areas and glue it together. I then used a piece of wire that I had threaded through a bell and adhered the wire on the inside of the house. (I apologize for the photo. It was dark outside and the lighting isn't very good in my room. Also, this is not the house I made for the post but another one I put together.)



To create the roof, I cut out a 4" by 2" piece of patterned paper, punched the sides using a scalloped punch and then ran it through a paper crimper. I punched two holes in the top and laced a piece of jute through, knotting it on the bottom so that I wouldn't be able to see it.


I then adhered the roof on to the house. I cut another piece of patterned paper into a 2" by 2" square and adhered that to the bottom. Now that the house was together, the fun part was to start!!

I then die cut a piece of holly from green paper and adhered that over the bell, covering up a piece of the wire that was peeking out. I then used red Stickles glitter glue to create the berries. I set it aside for a little while to dry before I used embossing paste around the whole house to recreate "snow." Before the embossing paste was dry, I sprinkled fine glitter to give the ornament some holiday sparkle. The last step was to tie a green bow on top of the house.




I had so much fun creating this ornament that I cut out a few more to make and give away as gifts.
I wish I could find the little red birds I used to have to add to this house but I can't find them anywhere!! If you saw my craft room, this wouldn't surprise you, though.

Thank you for letting me share this project with you. Stop by tomorrow for a fun card!

Nora

Supplies:
Bell-Michael's
Ribbon-seam binding died with mist spray




1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Very, very pretty!